Heym Express Light?

If you like the Heym then buy it. Personally, you could get the CZ 550 in the same caliber for a 1/3 of the price with fancy wood. Ruger, Blaser, Remington, Savage, Winchester, etc. etc. all offer fantastic rifles (left handed even) that cost much less than 6 grand. Heym I am sure makes a fantastic rifle, but, I could not see paying this much for a bolt action rifle unless I was in love with it.

find out what they cost new in the uk then you will have an idea. they build nice rifles i have one in 9.3x62. 35bore thought you would like heym, as they make some of their b/a rifles in 35whelen :biggrin2:

It depends on perspective I guess.. call Mauser USA and ask how much they want for a M98. Lets just say you could get a brand spanking new Chevrolet Camaro for the same money ( 25.000+ )

6 grand is alot of money I agree, but a blaser R8 is what, 4 grand?

find out what they cost new in the uk then you will have an idea. they build nice rifles i have one in 9.3x62. 35bore thought you would like heym, as they make some of their b/a rifles in 35whelen :biggrin2:

That's what I said,,, If I loved the Heym and it was in 35 Whelen, then in my mind it might be worth the 6 grand:D The value of any gun is in the eye of the beholder, I would argue with anyone that the Remington Classic I have in 35Whelen is the best rifle ever made, and I am sure others would argue that their Winchester Safari Classic in 270 win is the most beautiful and best creation on the face of the earth and I would argue back, hell that's what makes it fun.:p

Again, if you think the rifle/cailber is worth it, then i guess it is worth it. Good luck username, and let us know what you decide.

It depends on perspective I guess.. call Mauser USA and ask how much they want for a M98. Lets just say you could get a brand spanking new Chevrolet Camaro for the same money ( 25.000+ )

You are right, it is ALL about perspective, if the gun is one that you look at and say "I can't live without this one", then even if it was twice the amount advertised, then it would be worth it. Trust me I am not arguing with you on that, just throwing the other brands out there because you seemed unsure about this rifle in your original post.:2c:

username i thought you are in europe, so was wondering why you would call mauser usa?:headscratch:
thought you had ordered a .275 from dorleac, any updates on that?

I wouldnt, but you would!

There is something off about the action on the gun in question though, it looks more like a SR20 action than a heym express system.
Or perhaps my eyes are deceiving me...

edit: I meant the SR20 action

username i thought you are in europe, so was wondering why you would call mauser usa?:headscratch:
thought you had ordered a .275 from dorleac, any updates on that?

That order has been sent Spike, 18 months of waiting left!

But I also have a Heym express light on my wish list!

I wouldnt, but you would!

There is something off about the action on the gun in question though, it looks more like a SR21 action than a heym express system.
Or perhaps my eyes are deceiving me...
nah i am in europe. it doesnt look much like an sr21 action to me. go on the heym website its easy to compare.

I meant the SR20 action.
Google images of the express light system and the SR20 system, you will instantly see its the SR20... bit wierd

I meant the SR20 action.
Google images of the express light system and the SR20 system, you will instantly see its the SR20... bit wierd

mine is an sr20, i see what you mean. the photo angles arent great though. the bolt release is still on the same side as if it were right handed, suppose it doesnt make any difference just looks a bit weird. get them to email you more photos so you can see the action better, both open and closed.

Doesnt have the extractor either, which a full fat M98 has...oh well..

Nice of you to remember my dorleac order spike, I cant wait ( although I suspect the norwegian deer are happy its a lengthy production process)

I have used a Heym Express Light .375HH on two safaris, it s a great gun. A classic Mauser 98 action with a three position safety like the Winchester 70.

I would not compare it with a CZ, it s in a different league, I would compare it with a Dumoulin.

The price does seem a little high to me, in Spain we can get second hand rifles much cheaper.

Thanks nyati! I spoke with the seller now, and he admitted it was a SR20G!

I badly want a Heym express light, but in left-hand - will I ever find one?
How much is it new?

OKEY! UPDATE

I have called Heym now in germany. a brand new Heym Express Light in my choice of caliber is only 3400 euros!
Mostly big calibers, but you could get it in 300 win mag! I am ordering it as we speak.

ah well you will have to keep up the search! remembered the model name of mine the sr20 alpine in 9.3x62. a handy compact little rifle. good luck in your search :praying:

you beat me to the post, but the prayer smiley worked!!:D

Spike, this had a happy ending! Ordered today, VERY REASONABLE pricing from the heym factory.

3400 euros ( 4500 dollars) for a brand new Heym Express Light M98 with three-point safety and extractor. Ordered one in 300 win.mag.

Wait time 5-6 months!

Spike, this had a happy ending! Ordered today, VERY REASONABLE pricing from the heym factory.

3400 euros ( 4500 dollars) for a brand new Heym Express Light M98 with three-point safety and extractor. Ordered one in 300 win.mag.

Wait time 5-6 months!

and when is the .375 getting ordered then? :biggrin:

Well the express light are only offered in safari calibers downward limited to the 300 win mag, so thats what I ordered.
I doubt I will hunt game requiring a 375 where a 300 win mag wont do. Elephant aint on the meny for the foreseeable future lol, unless I sell my condo..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg