Heym Express by Martini, 404 Jeffery

Nice! Classic in every way, and like most Teutonic things, I suspect it will demonstrate perfect engineering. A piece of wood like that is a place where a bit of your soul will go to linger for a time. A couple of generations from now a proud new owner will be having a wee dram with your shade wondering where you and it have been. Do not disappoint him.
Well said! I guess the fine things we own in life are really the only things we can leave behind that still bare a piece of us and our story. I just hope the future generations will have people within them who still care about the things that we do.

Toby458,
I have been working on loads with 350gr Woodleigh round nose soft points. I have gotten a 1.75” group at 100yds with H4895. I’m going to try H4350 hoping to tighten that up a bit. I have two sets of rings with a Leupold VX6HD 2-12x42 and a Trijicon 1-6x24. My plan was to use the Leupold with 350 grain bullets for plains game and shooting at distance, and I would set the Trijicon up for 400 grain loads. To answer the question, the rifle shoots very well. I believe that I can get very good groups out of both bullet weights. Did you happen to see the rifle at the DSC show with the Docter sight? That may be something in my future. Eyesight on some days not clear enough for the iron sights. Without a scope mounted is how that rifle feels and handles the best.

Toby458,
I have been working on loads with 350gr Woodleigh round nose soft points. I have gotten a 1.75” group at 100yds with H4895. I’m going to try H4350 hoping to tighten that up a bit. I have two sets of rings with a Leupold VX6HD 2-12x42 and a Trijicon 1-6x24. My plan was to use the Leupold with 350 grain bullets for plains game and shooting at distance, and I would set the Trijicon up for 400 grain loads. To answer the question, the rifle shoots very well. I believe that I can get very good groups out of both bullet weights. Did you happen to see the rifle at the DSC show with the Docter sight? That may be something in my future. Eyesight on some days not clear enough for the iron sights. Without a scope mounted is how that rifle feels and handles the best.
I didn't see the rifle with the Doctor sight, but I agree these rifles really don't need the extra weight of a scope. That's why I want to stay with the lightest scope possible. The Leupold VX3 1.5-5×20 only weighs 7oz, so it's about the lightest useable scope on the market for heavy rifles. The Talley rings are probably nearly half as heavy as the scope.

Very Nice!!! Take it HUNTING

I didn't see the rifle with the Doctor sight, but I agree these rifles really don't need the extra weight of a scope. That's why I want to stay with the lightest scope possible. The Leupold VX3 1.5-5×20 only weighs 7oz, so it's about the lightest useable scope on the market for heavy rifles. The Talley rings are probably nearly half as heavy as the scope.
Although i am a Leupold fan and i love the 1.5-5x20 once the rifle already has 30mm rings fit the VX6 1-6 scope .

There is a noticeable difference in the glass

Toby that is a fine looking rifle. Now we need to plan a hunt.

A very magnificent piece of work and in such a wonderful caliber! A day in the gun safe is a wasted day!

Toby, That is a beautiful firearm. Your words of introduction were also outstanding. No doubt it will have a few hours on the sofa to be admired and caressed.(y)

Toby, a beautiful rifle indeed. Hopefully soon the attributes of the caliber will tickle your fancy as much as the rifle that houses it. As quickly as you can put together some of the accuracy loads that have performed so well in others' 404 Jeffery(s). I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Toby, a beautiful rifle indeed. Hopefully soon the attributes of the caliber will tickle your fancy as much as the rifle that houses it. As quickly as you can put together some of the accuracy loads that have performed so well in others' 404 Jeffery(s). I'm sure you will not be disappointed.
Yes indeed! With any luck, it will shoot as well as it looks. As far as accuracy is concerned, it will have a long way to go in beating my Winchester 416 Rem Mag. That thing is as accurate as a varmint rifle!

Toby, both of my 404(s) shoot sub MOA with the prescribed load. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does out of yours. Bench rest shooters might want to tinker with it, but I'm not going to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross