Heym Delivery Time - Approaching 3 Years

This is the 500. Nice wood. I think about R263k
57FFA91F-263F-4F78-85C5-6EEBB05AE824.jpeg
823D3FB6-5CAB-4EB7-AFE8-3068D5F8D45A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's too many orders.

Having said that, they are running about 16-18 months for doubles in the US.
Chris I was quoted around a 9 month lead time by the Australian importer for a Heym Express rifle, do you think this is realistic? Seeing the lead times on the doubles I'm starting to think the lead time I've been quoted for an express rifle might not be right?

No wonder that business is excellent. From what everyone says, their mechanical function is second to none, and their new price for a barebones version is only 1 years pay for the typical PH. Not 10 years pay. So the professionals can actually purchase these.

I'd love a Heym double but I'm not prepared to wait that long, that's why I just bought a Chapuis, was in stock and available in Australia. And there was actually quite a few to choose from.
Fortune favours the brave and patience favours a Heym buyer. Nothing wrong with a Chapuis, can't wait to see an Iphisi.

@frog stealer let me be the bad influence/enabler I read the drystal ball and see you with a nice 450/400 and a extra sets of barrels in 375 Flanged and 20ga.:A Bulb:

I'd love a Heym double but I'm not prepared to wait that long, that's why I just bought a Chapuis, was in stock and available in Australia. And there was actually quite a few to choose from.
Question is did it fit perfectly? When I had ordered my Heym in 9.3x74R @Chris Sells took multiple measurements. At the time of the order, in 2020, took about 13 months if I recall correctly. Just in time for my leopard hunt.

@frog stealer nope the made in china one got shot with a 577. This one is from a wise old cajun fortune teller in the bayous around nal lens (New Orleans):Smuggrin:

Question is did it fit perfectly? When I had ordered my Heym in 9.3x74R @Chris Sells took multiple measurements. At the time of the order, in 2020, took about 13 months if I recall correctly. Just in time for my leopard hunt.

I haven’t picked up this specific rifle yet but I have picked up a Chapuis Brousse in 470 and it felt pretty good, obviously won’t be the same as a custom stock though.

No wonder that business is excellent. From what everyone says, their mechanical function is second to none, and their new price for a barebones version is only 1 years pay for the typical PH. Not 10 years pay. So the professionals can actually purchase these.
I'm just a simple plumber, it seems I've been lucky

I thought long and hard on the choice between the 375 Flanged and the 450/400 3". The former can be got in the light frame and would make for a really nimble handler. It is calibre legal everywhere and becomes power legal in Zimbabwe if you increase the MV ever so slightly from 2400 fps to 2425fps with a 300 grain projectile. The 450/400 3" is of course calibre legal and makes the power threshold too with a 400 grain bullet at 2150 fps. The choice boiled down to: would I be taking mostly PG henceforth with just the occasional buffalo, or the reverse. For me it will be the reverse. I would love to get to grips with a light framed Heym though.

I'm sure I could simply look it up, however, for the sake of conversation, do you know the US cost offhand? .. I am always looking for an 88 in .500.
Thank You. beautiful machine
At today's rate Daniel it is about US$15290. I was given that price last week, it seems too good to be true.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.19 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.21 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.44.23 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
I’ve owned one and it exceeded my expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg