AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Guys, I was doing my usual slurking in the shadows of gun stores this weekend and came across what I feel is a hell of a deal.
This rifle had a few honest dings that could be easily fixed and just a little speck of rust at the sling barrel band that Is a non issue.
912276EE-FC45-451A-A3F1-1E4640C1B8A5.jpeg
4A4D89C4-9704-4672-B161-F9F61E384B86.jpeg

it is at Dury’s in San Antonio if someone wants it. Save me from me and buy it!

Wow!!! I’m drooling!!!!

Is $6K a good price for something like this?
I think it is fair. One finds them for sale rarely, and usually priced for more than this (8-10K). How many sell at those prices I have no idea. If I needed and wanted it, I’d certainly make an offer (never ever pay what the tag says on a used gun). :A Way To Go:

Your on your own there Big Boy, @Bullthrower338, I got more safari rifles than safari's booked!! That is a damn fine shootin iron, I am assuming it has the Martini style stock? Your kind of in the wrong spot, like walking into a bar full of drunks and saying help me quit drinking LOL

I would by it but Im over the pond in the UK. @Bullthrower338 just go for it man. Its a very pretty rifle and well worth the money but as @Red Leg said never pay the ticket price on a used gun.

That rifle most likely sold new for 10K or more. If bought new today, it's $13k or more. The 450 Rigby is probably not as desirable of a caliber as some, but it's a great deal. Shame it's not a 404!
If it were a 404 I’d own it.

It's only a fair deal being the caliber.. If it was a .416 or a .375 then a much better deal.. Hallowell in MT had one in a Lott for 8 mos.. for $7850.00 not sure what it sold for but I bet in the 6k range.

What happend with this fine work of blued steel and walnut??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.