Hey!

First african safari, already having 416 and 458, and chasing buffalo?! (I wonder whats next?!)
Well done! And welcome to the forum!

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to plan for you first safari

Welcome to AH Nate!

Welcome to AH! Enjoy all the action.

Welcome to AH! What are the makes and models of your rifles?
As far as safari guns I’ve got a whitworth 375h&h and 3 cz550s (416 rigby, 458 Lott, 458win mag and yes I know I can shoot win mag in the Lott lol) actually working on some 45-70 power loads and hoping to use the win mag as a dedicated deer rifle here where we’re restricted to shotgun and soon to be straight wall.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Getting really excited for this trip! I’m about an hour west of Philadelphia, yes I’m into reloading & will be hunting with dubula near port Elizabeth. I pretty much hunt everything from squirrels to buffalo obviously, bows to big bores. Primarily a PA hunter but I’ve hunted bear in New Brunswick, Sika in Maryland, & antelope in Wyoming. Keep waiting to draw my moose & elk tags but no luck yet.

Kinda funny how it came about, my wife & I were talking about going for our 10 yr anniversary in a few years though she was unsure if she’d want to leave our young kids behind. Within about 10 days time I happened across a guy with a nice collection of safari calibers and snatched up all but his 505 Gibbs (though I’m still considering it ) and his 400 double. The following weekend I caught up with a buddy from the Canada bear hunt & said I gotta shoot a buff now which he then proceeded to tell me they had just planned a trip and gave me the invite. My wife pretty much said I have to go! So hopefully I’ll be coming back with my first buff, kudu and probably a couple other critters. Though I’ll have to pass on a few to leave me reason to go back again!

Last edited:
Just saying hello from the states! Signed up for my first African hunt this Fall, primarily buffalo & kudu. I have been browsing the forum quite a bit and like a lot of the great info. Can’t wait to really break in my 416 rigby or the 458 Lott!
Nate4796
Enjoy the excitement of your African excursion.
Share your experiences with us.

Just saying hello from the states! Signed up for my first African hunt this Fall, primarily buffalo & kudu. I have been browsing the forum quite a bit and like a lot of the great info. Can’t wait to really break in my 416 rigby or the 458 Lott!
Welcome to AH and good luck on your hunt.

Welcome to AH, Nate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you