Here is my .375

Viral_SIGness

AH fanatic
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Messages
664
Reaction score
811
Location
Virginia USA
Media
28
This is the pics he sent me. I ran the serial number and it's a 2007 model. I really dig the DiamondBlack finish.

Is there any problems with these early examples I need to ask about before it ships?

IMG952228.jpg
IMG952230.jpg
IMG952231.jpg
IMG952234.jpg
 
I think you got the best model - no brake and no barrel band! I feel the bolt knob does not protrude enough to grasp it easily under duress. One of my projects at gunsmithing school this summer will be to turn off the existing knob, thread the shaft, and add on an aftermarket knob that lengthens things. YMMV.
 
I think you got the best model - no brake and no barrel band! I feel the bolt knob does not protrude enough to grasp it easily under duress. One of my projects at gunsmithing school this summer will be to turn off the existing knob, thread the shaft, and add on an aftermarket knob that lengthens things. YMMV.
I was going to so the same with my .300 Win Mag. You want to do my .374 bolt too?
 
https://www.hornady.com/shop/accessories/shooting-accessories/lock-n-load-bolt-ball
I use these. Having old arthritic hands and using tactical gloves a lot, these have worked well for me. Not pretty, but functional.
I also like barrel bands. The rifle rides lower when slung and the sling screw doesn’t tear up my hand under recoil. Nor does it damage my shooting rest.

What is the barrel length?
Do you have shooting sticks? That is how you will be shooting in Africa IME.
Do you have a plan for what ammo you will use?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.18.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.18.07 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 152
Viral - let me use mine as the guinea pig and see how it goes.
 
https://www.hornady.com/shop/accessories/shooting-accessories/lock-n-load-bolt-ball
I use these. Having old arthritic hands and using tactical gloves a lot, these have worked well for me. Not pretty, but functional.
I also like barrel bands. The rifle rides lower when slung and the sling screw doesn’t tear up my hand under recoil. Nor does it damage my shooting rest.

What is the barrel length?
Do you have shooting sticks? That is how you will be shooting in Africa IME.
Do you have a plan for what ammo you will use?
If accurate, I will take the Hornady 300 grain DGX. Just for ease of obtaining it in case my ammo gets lost in route.

After my iron sights are zeroed, I will start practicing with shooting sticks, off hand, crouched etc. I've always been a recoil junky, so at least I have no flinch to worry with.

My .338 Win Mag was my favorite but I believe this .375 will take top honors. How does the recoil compare to a .338 Win Mag with 250's ?
 
If accurate, I will take the Hornady 300 grain DGX. Just for ease of obtaining it in case my ammo gets lost in route.

After my iron sights are zeroed, I will start practicing with shooting sticks, off hand, crouched etc. I've always been a recoil junky, so at least I have no flinch to worry with.

My .338 Win Mag was my favorite but I believe this .375 will take top honors. How does the recoil compare to a .338 Win Mag with 250's ?
I have a model 70 in 338, and one in 375 H&H. Given that the 338 is a bit lighter I'd say its no harder in recoil, but a bit faster. i only shoot 250's in the 338, and 300's in the 375. The 375 is more of a shove. Neither one seems as bad to me as the masses would have you believe!
 
I have a model 70 in 338, and one in 375 H&H. Given that the 338 is a bit lighter I'd say its no harder in recoil, but a bit faster. i only shoot 250's in the 338, and 300's in the 375. The 375 is more of a shove. Neither one seems as bad to me as the masses would have you believe!
I mainly ran 250 Partitions in my .338 Win Mag, but here is a target from one of my pet loads. I loaded those 225 Accubonds for my nephew when he was 12. He wanted to hunt with it, and he dang sure shot it well! A mild load, that was still a flip switch of life on deer.
Screenshot_20200501-233730_Gallery.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,337
Messages
1,573,260
Members
169,730
Latest member
loylisadre1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top