Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
So I was just blindsided today. I have a taxidermist that I have used for over 10 yrs. He lives near enough to Atlanta to pick up animals when they are shipped in and cleared. His prices were similar to what you would pay in Africa. He has had family in my area and lots of trophies have been delivered at no charge. I have animals from last years hunt arrive in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. They have been cleared and are ready to pick up. I got a call from him today and he is closing up. Has cancer........
So I am a bit, no a lot unsettled. His work has been decent, but not exceptional, but cheap. Wait times have been relatively short. Hand delivered at no extra expense. So I need a new taxidermist. I know Dennis at Artistry of Wildlife does great work. His price is commensurate with his quality.
I can accept slightly less quality for a great price. I can travel, if needed to pickup. My thorn right now is I need help relatively fast. I don't like to rush this type of decision. I also have animals that eventually will make it back (I hope) from my 2015 hunt. So I have a fair number of animals to work on this year. Too many $$ in taxidermy means less/later next trip to Africa.
So who do you recommend for taxidermy work? Preference would be to someone I can drive to for picking up finished trophies. Price is important, but not overriding factor. Contact info for suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Bruce

Bruce,

How far are you willing to travel? Im sure there are plenty of good taxidermists in the ATL area, also some good ones in the clt area

Bruce,

How far are you willing to travel? Im sure there are plenty of good taxidermists in the ATL area, also some good ones in the clt area
Be nice if they were within 750-800 miles so I can do it 1 day each way.... I was hoping someone had experience with someone they can recommend. I'll ship the animals from Atlanta to wherever... Bruce

I am in Macon, GA which is about an hour south of the Atl airport. I have used Trails End Taxidermy here in Macon for over 30 years. Len Sams and his two sons David and Tyler own and operate it. He does a LOT of African game and and I have seen just about every species you can imagine in their showroom. His work is the best I have personally seen with my own eyes. As far as how his pricing compares I can't really say because I have never considered using anyone else so it did not matter to me. They do not have a web site but you can find their number easy enough on line.

They are accustomed to picking up shipments from Africa in Atlanta. For that matter work has me up there once a week so I could potentially pick up your shipment and take it to them. If you are interested PM me and I'll send you my number.

@gillettehunter hope someone can help you out and sounds like GAhunter maybe has the guy. I'll contact someone I know and see what they can do, I am not sure how involved they are with shipments in and out of ATL.

Sorry to hear about your taxidermist hope the cancer goes into remission.

Best of luck and mostly to your taxidermist. Sounds like GA hunter can bail you out.

There is a guy in the east Charlotte area who is well renowned and does lots of African stuff also, but if you can get work done much closer to home that would be a better option.

Look up Dave Butts taxidermy out of Willard,UT....he has a website with pricing and does amazing work. Somewhat in the neighborhood. He has mounts from all over the world in his shop, was working on a big full mount male lion when I dropped a bear off a couple weeks back.
Great guy and as I said very good taxidermist in my opinion.

Bruce,

I've been 'told' these guys down in my blazing hot part of the world are good: http://www.swwildlife.com/index.php

I've never been to their shop so I can't give you an opinion. They don't have prices on their website from what I saw, but it was a quick glance.

Bruce,

I've used Rich Bradberry in Livingston, MT for years, so not too far from you in Wyoming. Good guy, but stays busy. Rich was an apprentice to Dan Quillen for about 15 years and then took over the business when Dan retired.

Richard Bradberry
Wildlife Artistry LLC
(406)222-0732

SAFARI WEST STUDIO IN RALEIGH NC CAMERON REALLY NICE GUY TO WORK WITH EXCELLENT QUALITY . HEARD TOP GUY IN CHARLOTTE NC NOT TAKING NEW CLIENTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeinSavage

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.