Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, USA, NZ
I’d like to mount my latest bull on this form.

IMG_0502.jpeg

I need help finding the form or similar.

I think this bull will look good mounted this way. It’s big in the front. Big 3rd’s and nice 4th’s…

IMG_2148.jpeg

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

Attachments

• Elk.pdf
    276.2 KB · Views: 39
Many taxidermist buy a form that is close and the correct dimensions then alter it with a sawsall and electric knives

Almost every taxidermy supplier that carries elk forms will have something similar. This is a sneak pedestal form. Nothing custom needed other than mild alterations to fit the skin.

Ok so I had to go looking after shooting off my big mouth :LOL:. You might need a slight alteration to tilt the head back but these two are close and already floor pedestals. Also, most wall forms can be easily converted to pedestals. I really like the HQ stuff

IMG_7397.jpeg
IMG_7398.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will work on a pedestal but antlers won’t clear on a wall mount. Just wanted to make sure you realize that.

It’s probably going to be one like this:

IMG_0574.png

Likely modified to get this:

IMG_0502.jpeg

But more than likely end up like this:
IMG_0575.jpeg

Or I need to keep looking

Attachments

• Elk – Jetz Taxidermy Supply.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 27
Take a look at research mannikins, they have several pedestal sneaks that are similar to your picture. . . As for sizing and modifications if needed/wanted, that is up to the taxidermist you select.
image.jpg

Dave Ferguson taxidermy supply has at
Least one very Similar to the one you seek as well
IMG_8733.jpeg

Getting close.

I this back in an email this afternoon:

“Looks like there has been some alterations to the form we have.

Form = G-535-13

Closed mouth muzzle = G-EM516

Pedestal Ped = LEG-533

Please let us know if you would like to place an order for these items.

Thank you,

Ilda

Research Mannikins, Inc.”

I need help deciphering the codes!

They correspond to the form’s number in the catelog-avaialble on internet or a paper version. With that number you can determine direction of turn and sizes available. Most taxidermists will slightly alter a form in some way or another

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.