Hello from Washington State

280AI

AH member
Joined
May 17, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
72
Media
1
Hunted
MT, TX, UT, WA, WY
I've been reading all the post about Planning for a hunt in South Africa. There are 6 in our group, 4 hunters and two of our better halves. Everyone's first time in Africa. We are going to hunt with Mike at 'Hunt the Sun' for 10 days. 2 of our group will be cull hunting and the other guy plus myself will be out looking for respectable animals. This will all happen June 1st, 2025. The planning has started, playing with the budget and figuring out the wist list :unsure: . So far I have the following:
Kudu (included in Package), Gemsbuck, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Red hartebeest, Impala, Springbuck and Blesbuck. The last 7 I'm not concern if they are management animals.

Wow flying and taxidermy is about twice the cost of the hunt.:sick:

Thanks for reading and any advice would grately be appreicated.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH 280AI!
 
Greeting fellow Washington resident. You've already mentioned the total hunt cost is "up there", so a couple points to ensure the cost is worth it:

- use a quality, proven bullet. If necessary, ask your safari operator for examples.
- once the rifle is squared away on the bench (even if you're not taking it) get away from the bench and into the field! Field practice on standing sticks is important. Make 'em, borrow 'em, buy 'em, but in any case, use 'em!
- resist the temptation to admire the first shot. It afflicts us all. I blame the water we drink.

Good hunting!
 
Welcome aboard

Glad to meet another local (I’m in SnoCo). Went on my first trip last year, can’t wait to get back! Enjoy the adventure, lots to learn about.
 
Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us! I hope you all have a wonderful experience. As to mounts and trying to hold down on the costs, do not overlook doing some euro mounts on some of the animals.
 
Good day! Welcome to AH! Enjoy the countdown and excitement!!
 
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH!!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome aboard!
 
I've been reading all the post about Planning for a hunt in South Africa. There are 6 in our group, 4 hunters and two of our better halves. Everyone's first time in Africa. We are going to hunt with Mike at 'Hunt the Sun' for 10 days. 2 of our group will be cull hunting and the other guy plus myself will be out looking for respectable animals. This will all happen June 1st, 2025. The planning has started, playing with the budget and figuring out the wist list :unsure: . So far I have the following:
Kudu (included in Package), Gemsbuck, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Red hartebeest, Impala, Springbuck and Blesbuck. The last 7 I'm not concern if they are management animals.

Wow flying and taxidermy is about twice the cost of the hunt.:sick:

Thanks for reading and any advice would grately be appreicated.
Welcome to AH
 
Hello from Colville.
 
Welcome!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,476
Members
169,572
Latest member
FloridaGlo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top