Hello from Texas

Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome TXTad! Holler if you are ever down near Uvalde.
 
:S Welcome: to AH!
 
Hello and :S Welcome:
 
I probably should have joined up here a long time ago because of my interest in classic cartridges, especially those suited for Africa. The only "African rifle" I have is a CZ 550 in 9.3x62, but I do have a number of other hunting rifles. I've come close to getting a .375 H&H a few times, but I've never pulled the trigger on the purchase. Having the 9.3x62 and a .340 Weatherby seems to make it a little harder for me to buy a rifle in a caliber that I want for no good reason than I want it.

I am more of a shooter than a hunter, though I do hunt occasionally when I can; usually with friends. In addition to voraciously reading gun magazines since I was a kid in the 70s, I've read many classic shooting and hunting books by the likes of John Taylor, Theodore Roosevelt, Townsend Whelan, etc. African Rifles and Cartridges was the reason I jumped on the 9.3x62 as soon as CZ brought it to the market, though I wish I'd have paused a moment and got the American style version rather than the Euro. Maybe the Euro is more appropriate for the cartridge.

The usual focus on family has interrupted my shooting activities for the past couple of decades, but I'm hoping to get back into it and have just recently purchased components to work up some loads for the 9.3. With a bit of luck, I'll be moving west towards Abilene, Texas where I hope to do a lot more shooting and some more hunting as well and may find opportunities to use the 9.3 on some feral hogs.
Welcome to AH
 
Greetings TXTad,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get around to it, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Rifles ya, I understand your philosophy.
Yours Truly goes hunting to justify owning some cool rifles (and shotguns).:ROFLMAO:

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH, love the 9.3 x 62!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,260
Members
169,515
Latest member
RubyeShead
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top