Hello, From Texas

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: mcd
Welcome to the AH community! Great bunch of guys on this site!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Shucks, we're practically neighbors - I'm in Richmond! LOL

My best fried lives up your way in Crown Ranch, off 1486 about halfway between 105 and 1774

There are a TON of guys on here from in and around Houston, at least 15 or 20 I can think of off the top of my head.

There's usually a get together on Friday night of HSC's expo, and I keep having to miss it.

Shucks, we're practically neighbors - I'm in Richmond! LOL

My best fried lives up your way in Crown Ranch, off 1486 about halfway between 105 and 1774

There are a TON of guys on here from in and around Houston, at least 15 or 20 I can think of off the top of my head.

There's usually a get together on Friday night of HSC's expo, and I keep having to miss it.

Nice. Crown Oaks is almost walking distance. A long walk. I’m in Thousand Oaks.

sure be nice when the aggie expressway reaches 1486

I am in the woodlands just 1488.

Welcome! I’m up in the Pan Handle!

Welcome aboard mcd. I got a kick out of your Texas neighbors indicating how close they are to you. I've been married to a Texan for almost 58 years. Close for you guys is a half a days drive! LOL Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Do you have any thoughts of dreams of hunting Africa? Better yet do you have any near term pans to do so?

Hey all,
I just joined and wanted to reach out and say hello from Texas. I can't believe I just found this site, but it has some amazing information and folks have shared great experiences. Glad to be a part of it now. Cheers!
Welcome from a fellow Texan! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Philip

Welcome aboard mcd. I got a kick out of your Texas neighbors indicating how close they are to you. I've been married to a Texan for almost 58 years. Close for you guys is a half a days drive! LOL Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Do you have any thoughts of dreams of hunting Africa? Better yet do you have any near term pans to do so?

Sure! I grew up hunting the mountains of Arizona, mostly for Coues deer but occasionally mule deer and elk. I’ve done a bit of hunting here in Texas, but usually find my way back out west as that’s the style I prefer. Family and job obligations has kept me from doing it as much as I’d like, but that is changing this coming year. I’ve always wanted to hunt Africa, and that will probably be a reality that in the next three years or so. For calibers, I have a 280 Rem, 300 WM, and 338 WM. That collection is also planned to grow in the coming three years substantially. My favorite rifle among the ones I have is my 300 WM, which is a NULA Model 28. My favorite caliber is the 338 WM. If it caught on a bit more, that might actually be the 33 Nosler. I think the only reason that one is stalling a bit is the ever increasing popularity of the 338 RUM. I actually like it quite a bit too, but I feel it’s better served in a long range rig, where the Nosler finds its home in the same types of rifles the WM services.

I definitely reload and really focus on precision, high performance, expanding bullets for the most part.

Welcome to the best hunting site on the interweb

Welcome! I’m on Lake Houston

Welcome my friend. Just like anywhere else we can always use another Texan!

Welcome to AH @mcd! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg