Hello from Texas

ROBERT REITMEYER

Reaction score
I am closing in on 79, and am looking forward to our first safari to the Limpopo region in RSA. with Limcroma.
It will be a couples safari and we are going with a large group, and will be hunting plains game.

Up until now, I have been mostly a deer hunter, but have been fortunate to take many other species of north American game, in 69 years of hunting, along with most of the exotics available here in Texas.

Although my health hasn't been the best this past year, I am looking at this as a trip of a lifetime, and have already started getting myself physically fit to do this.

Welcome to AH ROBERT REITMEYER! You're in for an incredible time in Africa. Glad to have you here and looking forward to hearing about your trip upon your return.

Robert, welcome to AH! This sounds like it is going to be a fun time!
At almost 72 myself, you’ve got a bit of mileage on me. I hope to stay in good enough shape to still be hunting at 79 as well.
Never hunted with Limcroma, but I’ve met people on the plane and read nothing but good reports about them.

Welcome Robert
Hope your hunt is everything youve dreamed about—Limpopo has lots of critters— best of luck

Welcome to AH!

Hi Robert, welcome to AH !

I am closing in on 79, and am looking forward to our first safari to the Limpopo region in RSA. with Limcroma.
It will be a couples safari and we are going with a large group, and will be hunting plains game.

Up until now, I have been mostly a deer hunter, but have been fortunate to take many other species of north American game, in 69 years of hunting, along with most of the exotics available here in Texas.

Although my health hasn't been the best this past year, I am looking at this as a trip of a lifetime, and have already started getting myself physically fit to do this.
Hi Robert
Welcome to AH! I am sure you will have a great hunt with Limcroma and that you and your group will enjoy Limpopo! May is a good month to hunt with the onset of winter. Days are warm and nights are cool - nice comfortable time of the year.

Closing on 79 and doing an African trip is good going! You are blessed! If you have any health challenges, share it with your outfitter and they will adjust and plan your hunting trip accordingly. Enjoy!

Giday and welcome to the A H forums Robert

Have a great time.
I look forward to your hunt report.

Welcome Robert.

Very cool to be planning your first trip over at 79! You are an inspiration!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome. You are an inspiration to the rest of us oldies. I'd like to hear all the details from planning to final receipt of trophies.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH Robert! I’m sure your safari will be the pinnacle of your hunting career. Safari is truly special.
You are embarking on your first safari at 79. You give this old guy hope.

Welcome from San Antonio.

Welcome to AH sir! I trust you will have a wonderful hunt.

Greetings from yet another new member in Texas! I look forward to your trip report when you return!

Welcome aboard Robert. Don't be concerned about your age. I went on my first Safari at 72 and my second at 74. Both hunts took place just prior to my birthday. Let your outfitter and PH know of any limitations (physical or otherwise) that you have and they will accommodate you. Hunting Africa is an absolute blast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg