Hello from Texas

Welcome to AH Doug
 
BrotherD, do you have any plans for hunting Africa? If so, what and when? Have you selected an outfitter yet? What do you hunt in the States?

We are planning to hunt South Africa in June 2019.
1-Kudu
1-Gemsbok
1-Blue Wildebeest
1-Waterbuck
2-Impala
2-Zebra
We have a shortlist of outfitters now.

I mainly hunt whitetail, pigs, and a few exotics.
 
Hi Doug, welcome to AH !
 
We are planning to hunt South Africa in June 2019.
1-Kudu
1-Gemsbok
1-Blue Wildebeest
1-Waterbuck
2-Impala
2-Zebra
We have a shortlist of outfitters now.

I mainly hunt whitetail, pigs, and a few exotics.
That's a great list! Good luck and enjoy the planning!
 
Welcome to our site! I think half the people on here are from Texas....so you have lots of people to meet!
 
Welcome to AH!
Philip
 
DSC has a chapter not far from you -- DSC Permian Basin. SCI has a chapter in Odessa. I think that JGRaider is in your area a member who post here.
 
BrotherD, have you considered any of the outfitters that are listed on AH? Their prices are competitive and their services and quality of hunting they offer gets vetted regularly on these pages. There are more than a few shady outfitters that talk a good game. Unfortunately, they don't all "walk the walk."

Another option is to post your "short list" on AH and ask if anyone has hunted with these outfitters.
 
DSC has a chapter not far from you -- DSC Permian Basin. SCI has a chapter in Odessa. I think that JGRaider is in your area a member who post here.

I am a member of SCI. I missed their banquet this year due to being out of town for work. There are a lot of good resources out here.
 
BrotherD, have you considered any of the outfitters that are listed on AH? Their prices are competitive and their services and quality of hunting they offer gets vetted regularly on these pages. There are more than a few shady outfitters that talk a good game. Unfortunately, they don't all "walk the walk."

Another option is to post your "short list" on AH and ask if anyone has hunted with these outfitters.

Most of my short list of outfitters are listed here.
 
Welcome from Texas north (Alberta)
 
Hello Doug. Great to have you with us!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,361
Members
170,562
Latest member
MavisWoods
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top