Hello from Montana

Welcome to AH.
In the .375 try WW748 powder with a 300gr Barnes TSX. Start with 70gr and work up To 75gr.
I think you need to upgrade to a .700 NE for prairie dogs. There was something left.
I'm kicking around building a 500A2 or 550 mag, a 12 ga from hell, and I would love to get my hands on a full weight 4 bore rifle

I've been around here for a few months now, figured I should make an account and ask some questions. I'm from north central Montana, and like big guns. I hunt gophers mostly, and do a little elk hunting in the fall. One of these years I will get to Africa but it might be a while. My favorite rifles, other than the next one, would be my model 70, 375 H&H, and a 600 nitro made by Little Sharps Rifle company of Big Sandy Mt. If you have some reload data for both those rounds I would love to hear it.

View attachment 536399View attachment 536400
Welcome to AH from rural Idaho. I’m sure you will find the answers you need here. Enjoy! Sue Tidwell

Good day! Welcome!!

Maybe we'll run into each other some time. I'm formerly a resident of Chinook having grown up on the West Side. I'm back to the Hi Line every fall to hunt birds and deer.
20221106_164058.jpg

16 November 2019.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from West Texas…Montana is a wonderful state & consider it my second home. I hope to hunt there soon, wolves & upland game…after Africa, of course! Good luck with your venture to the dark continent.

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome and enjoy the forum from north bridgers.

I've been around here for a few months now, figured I should make an account and ask some questions. I'm from north central Montana, and like big guns. I hunt gophers mostly, and do a little elk hunting in the fall. One of these years I will get to Africa but it might be a while. My favorite rifles, other than the next one, would be my model 70, 375 H&H, and a 600 nitro made by Little Sharps Rifle company of Big Sandy Mt. If you have some reload data for both those rounds I would love to hear it.

View attachment 536399View attachment 536400
Welcome to AH

Welcome to the forum! I hunt in the Castle mountains near Martinsdale. Love to whack gophers . Mostly use a 17 wsm ! Enjoy our group. Nice firearm collection!

Welcome neighbor!!

Are you by chance located near the Dutton's ranch?.......lol

Welcome from Indianapolis, Indiana - the racing capital of the world!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois