Hello from Illinois

Thanks guys, you are all so friendly. That is the reason I joined this site, the other forums I’ve read (never joined) seemed to have a lot of jerks and know it alls, but not here. Just good knowledge and wisdom I can use.
 
Welcome to AH @Wyatt Smith. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!
 
Welcome to AH Wyatt! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
I enjoy hunting small game quite a bit, squirrel is probably my favorite. I love waterfowl hunting but it’s hard for me to find places to go. My uncle used to have goose pit on one of our farms, that was a blast. But I think my favorite time of year is the first deer season the hunting is good here (pike county Illinois) I haven’t killed any trophy bucks, the antlers don’t excite me much and you can’t eat them, but I shoot a meat doe every fall and my buck tag normally is never filled.
My favorite rifle is a pre 64 featherweight 30-06 and second and third place are model 70 safari express 375 and a obendorf Mauser 98 7mm that was made for the Chilean military. Sadly my stats laws prevent me from using these on deer so I use a BPS 12 gauge
Hunting Africa is a dream and I hope to start a saving account for my safari soon. It may take awhile but I will get there someday
Wow! Fantastic rifles! You are half way there!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,041
Members
169,482
Latest member
OlaCounts
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top