Hello from England!

Welcome! It's true that the price of sable hunting in SA has come down over the last few years due to great game management practices in South Africa. I can recommend Quagga Safaris as I've hunted with them twice, 2018 (I took my sable that year) and 2019. Quagga had at least 5 sable over 50 inches taken by their client hunters in 2019. Be advised that the price of your sable may depend on size, i.e. length of the horns. A nice 45 inch bull will be significantly less expensive than a 52 inch.

Welcome to AH! Check out @Bos en Dal Safaris. I took an excellent Sable there and so did my friend in 2019 Gerrit and his crew run a great outfit
5c400dcf-49ca-4b10-b17d-71bb4cd68dcb.jpg
IMG_3730.JPG

Hi William,

Welcome to AH. You will find out lots of information about Africa on this great website.
I do not know the owner of JKO Safaris personally but i have only heard good things of them.
With that said i would like to throw my hat into the ring and give you some information about us. We are based in the Limpopo Province of SA about three hours North west of JHB. We have three properties that are owned privately by us. They comprise of over 70,000 acres.
Much like yourself, I have had three young hunters from the UK over the last two years pretty much doing what you are doing Getting the important stuff out the way before life happens!! Two hunted in 2018 before they enlisted in the army and the third hunted a Sable package last year. He will be returning in August to hunt Buffalo and some more plains game. References are available at your request. If you are interested in a great hunt and true hunting experience, I would happily put a quote together for you.

IMG_5378.jpg
IMG_2361.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome welcome welcome

We hunt on 5409+ ha
We have suatainable herds of sable and take a number of good trophies every year

Will send you a
Om withsome pricing

Welcome to AH Will. Its never too late to plan a hunt. I will PM you some details.

Welcome to AH!

Nice to see another Brit on the forum. Welcome.

Welcome @WilliamM. This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy and have fun planning!
Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, email henry@riflepermits.com.

Kind regards
Henry

Welcome to AH William! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg