Hello from Colorado!

Glad to have you as a member. I had been planning my first trip as well. Traded off one of my rifles to get a .308 just for plains game. My opinion is that 2020 is a wash and there will be a huge spike in hunts for 2021. That will probably not be great for many hunters that haven't booked like myself trying to get a spot.

My next point may be controversial, but I believe there could be a 2-3 year dip in trophy quality at some of the most popular locations. I said could; I'm not married to that opinion if someone with more knowledge can provide a logical rebuttal.

Why would you expect a dip in Trophy Quality?

Why would you expect a dip in Trophy Quality?
If you have an influx of hunters due to rescheduled trips and new bookings you deplete the population of trophy animals. Again, it is my cynical theory.

If you have an influx of hunters due to rescheduled trips and new bookings you deplete the population of trophy animals. Again, it is my cynical theory.

I've never been so I feel slightly unqualified to comment, but here goes. I think most of the PH's are pretty busy and wouldn't/couldn't double their number of hunters in 1 season. I see a better season next year and equal to other after that... I'll sell my crystal ball for a nickel, if that tells you anything, lol!

Welcome to AH Steven! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Steven, be advised that "flight insurance" as a rule doesn't cover / include Pandemics.
Yes and Global Rescue will not help in this situation either. It only helps with medical or security evacuation.

If I were you I would try to reschedule for October. If you have to cancel the airlines will normally allow you to reschedule for a fee within a year. I guess I am the lucky one as I had a stack of international trips wind up just before this hit and nothing scheduled for the rest of they year.
Like most of us and I hoping 2021 is a great year for everyone!
Philip

Welcome to the family and the forum Steven! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH Steven. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Back again. Not sure where to put this comment, so I thought I'd just add to my original greeting.

So for my Namibia trip. I was supposed to leave May 26, 2020. Apparently Namibia is closed until May 24. I never bought tickets, but have been looking. I was able to buy, and did, tickets on Lufthansa for June 10. So if I can go I will. Have tickets that are changeable and/or refundable from the airline. I'll go if they let me in! Just not sure about the quarantine thing. Right now there is a mandatory "SUPERVISED" 14 day quarantine in Namibia for anyone entering the country. So obviously, that needs to get lifted, or I won't go. Travel through Frankfurt to WDH and through Joberg then Frankfurt on the way back. Not sure about entering SA for a few hours on my way back? I don't want to get hit with an unexpected quarantine someplace... Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg