Hello from Colorado!

steven gauvin

Reaction score
Glad to have you as a member. I had been planning my first trip as well. Traded off one of my rifles to get a .308 just for plains game. My opinion is that 2020 is a wash and there will be a huge spike in hunts for 2021. That will probably not be great for many hunters that haven't booked like myself trying to get a spot.

My next point may be controversial, but I believe there could be a 2-3 year dip in trophy quality at some of the most popular locations. I said could; I'm not married to that opinion if someone with more knowledge can provide a logical rebuttal.

Why would you expect a dip in Trophy Quality?

steven gauvin

Reaction score
If you have an influx of hunters due to rescheduled trips and new bookings you deplete the population of trophy animals. Again, it is my cynical theory.

I've never been so I feel slightly unqualified to comment, but here goes. I think most of the PH's are pretty busy and wouldn't/couldn't double their number of hunters in 1 season. I see a better season next year and equal to other after that... I'll sell my crystal ball for a nickel, if that tells you anything, lol!

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Steven, be advised that "flight insurance" as a rule doesn't cover / include Pandemics.
Yes and Global Rescue will not help in this situation either. It only helps with medical or security evacuation.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
If I were you I would try to reschedule for October. If you have to cancel the airlines will normally allow you to reschedule for a fee within a year. I guess I am the lucky one as I had a stack of international trips wind up just before this hit and nothing scheduled for the rest of they year.
Like most of us and I hoping 2021 is a great year for everyone!
Philip

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome to the family and the forum Steven! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

TROPHY SHIPPERS

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.trophyshippers.com
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, HSC, NTA
Welcome to AH Steven. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

steven gauvin

Reaction score
Back again. Not sure where to put this comment, so I thought I'd just add to my original greeting.

So for my Namibia trip. I was supposed to leave May 26, 2020. Apparently Namibia is closed until May 24. I never bought tickets, but have been looking. I was able to buy, and did, tickets on Lufthansa for June 10. So if I can go I will. Have tickets that are changeable and/or refundable from the airline. I'll go if they let me in! Just not sure about the quarantine thing. Right now there is a mandatory "SUPERVISED" 14 day quarantine in Namibia for anyone entering the country. So obviously, that needs to get lifted, or I won't go. Travel through Frankfurt to WDH and through Joberg then Frankfurt on the way back. Not sure about entering SA for a few hours on my way back? I don't want to get hit with an unexpected quarantine someplace... Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertaSha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J