Hello from Australia!

Welcome to AH! We look forward to your stories!
 
Hi From Australia,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I am in Victoria in Australia and do my fair share of deer hunting, I've always wanted to go to SA so here I am.

I am looking to go the first half of next year if possible, I am incredibly lucky to have a wife who supports my hobby, you are a long time dead so lets the planning begin.

Thanks,
Aaron
@AaronR8
Welcome to AH mate from a mad New South Welshman. Deer hunting in Victoria is great.
Water Valley in SA is supposed to be good for big fallow.
What part of Vic are you in.
Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Middle of Melbourne mate, yeah there are some good deer around the state.
@AaronR8
This will probably get me hung but Melbourne shits all aver Sydney for ease of getting around the city and has far more culture than Sydney ever will. It just a pity they play a strange code of footy. 1 1 makes 2 to me not 7 plus you need 4 poles to kick the ball thru.
Pleas tell me you don't own a 243 as well.
Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings Aaron,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get a spare moment, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
@AaronR8
This will probably get me hung but Melbourne shits all aver Sydney for ease of getting around the city and has far more culture than Sydney ever will. It just a pity they play a strange code of footy. 1 1 makes 2 to me not 7 plus you need 4 poles to kick the ball thru.
Pleas tell me you don't own a 243 as well.
Bob
Haha!

I agree with you 100% on all........ (don't tell my Victorian mates or hunting buddies)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@AaronR8 there's nothing wrong with the .243 except for maybe Sambar. My wife has a .243 and is quite proud of it.

They can stick Sydney and keep Melbourne I hope I never have to live in the city.

Mexicans are OK, at least the ones I know.

I know Adelaide a lot better and can get around there better. Bloody kids want to live there. )Grown kids ) relocating back to Adelaide soon.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@AaronR8 there's nothing wrong with the .243 except for maybe Sambar. My wife has a .243 and is quite proud of it.

They can stick Sydney and keep Melbourne I hope I never have to live in the city.

Mexicans are OK, at least the ones I know.

I know Adelaide a lot better and can get around there better. Bloody kids want to live there. )Grown kids ) relocating back to Adelaide soon.
OK as a northern immigrant I have lived in both Sydney and Melbourne at times and note the following:

Beaches and beach culture - Sydney
Footy - Melbourne
Food - Melbourne
Access and traffic - both shit
Weather - strangely enough, Melbourne
People - Darwin :D

and finally, the kicker, Hunting - Melbourne

Victoria is my number one rated place in Australia for general hunting. Better access and variety of game, and this is coming from a Territorian.

We lived in the middle of Melbourne, in North Balwyn and will eventually find our way back there one day.

PS. The 243 Winchester is a terrific cartridge and was my first centrefire (Model 70!!). Have taken plenty of game including one buff; single shot in the ear. Don't recommend that one. Awesome pig, goat and small deer medicine.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Aaron. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what species of deer you've taken what kind and caliber rifles do you own. What do you want to hunt in Africa? are you possibly looking at another or larger caliber rifle? There is getting to be almost as many Aussies on this site as there are Texans!! LOL
 
Welcome aboard Aaron. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what species of deer you've taken what kind and caliber rifles do you own. What do you want to hunt in Africa? are you possibly looking at another or larger caliber rifle? There is getting to be almost as many Aussies on this site as there are Texans!! LOL
Thank you mate,

I am a father of 1 (4 years old), we born and bred in Melbourne.
Hunted all my life from a young age; rabbits, foxes, deer mainly here in Vic is the Fallow and Sambar.
I own multiple rifles (too many if you ask the wife, its a good thing she never really knows the exact number :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ) I am a big fan of the Model 70, 2 favourite calibers would be .222 and .270 , I have not ventured into the big bore stuff......yet.

As for Texas ! I've been to the states 6 times but not ventured south yet, your Texas BBQ looks amazing !
 
Hi From Australia,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I am in Victoria in Australia and do my fair share of deer hunting, I've always wanted to go to SA so here I am.

I am looking to go the first half of next year if possible, I am incredibly lucky to have a wife who supports my hobby, you are a long time dead so lets the planning begin.

Thanks,
Aaron
Welcome to AH
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard from another Victorian though I’m on the NW border.
Your first trip to Africa won’t be your last. Send me a PM if you need a hand with any planning.

Matk
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,293
Members
169,735
Latest member
UweHurtado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top