Hello from Atlanta


One of my reds from the Destin area. Caught around thankgiving. Over slot limit so they all had to go back. Red come in to fatten up before going into the gulf to breed. We set up in the bay to watch for birds. When the birds start diving it usually means the reds are under them pushing up the bait fish. Motor as fast as u can to within a couple hundred yards and then creep in close enough to cast to them. Do your best not to accidentally hook a friggin pelican. These big reds feel like whales on lightweight inshore tackle.
 
Some nice king mackerel and a fat and mean barracuda caught while trolling off Ft. Lauderdale.

Unfortunately, later that night my buddy and I got hammered and stayed out until 2 hours before the boat was leaving for the next day's trip. The next day's fishing trip was bad weather, big waves, few fish and I was bright green.
 

I'll get together some more pics of this trip as it was absolutely epic. Long range boat out of San Diego in November. 25 anglers on a 3 night, 2 day trip. We caught 134 tuna between us, each between 40-80 pounds. Pretty even mix of yellowfin and bluefin.

I came home with over 120 pounds of sushi grade tuna. Ate on it for a couple of months and then my wife calls me at work to tell me purple liquid was leaking out of freezer. It was melted popsicles, which of course were ruined along with all of the tuna, venison, homemade sausage, etc thanks to a dead freezer.
 
Hi there, I live in East Cobb. Been here for 26 years. We need an AH Atlanta area get together - besides the SCI banquet, although that's a fun event also. I think there are a number of folks trying to create an Atlanta chapter of DSC. Sadly I missed the inaugural meeting.

I also *love* redfish on light tackle!
 
Anyone know of hunting clubs in Georgia, preferably within about an hour of Atlanta that are accepting new members? Looking for a place to hunt whitetail and turkey. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,286
Members
169,998
Latest member
SadyeGrand
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top