Hello from Atlanta

One of my reds from the Destin area. Caught around thankgiving. Over slot limit so they all had to go back. Red come in to fatten up before going into the gulf to breed. We set up in the bay to watch for birds. When the birds start diving it usually means the reds are under them pushing up the bait fish. Motor as fast as u can to within a couple hundred yards and then creep in close enough to cast to them. Do your best not to accidentally hook a friggin pelican. These big reds feel like whales on lightweight inshore tackle.

Some nice king mackerel and a fat and mean barracuda caught while trolling off Ft. Lauderdale.

Unfortunately, later that night my buddy and I got hammered and stayed out until 2 hours before the boat was leaving for the next day's trip. The next day's fishing trip was bad weather, big waves, few fish and I was bright green.

I'll get together some more pics of this trip as it was absolutely epic. Long range boat out of San Diego in November. 25 anglers on a 3 night, 2 day trip. We caught 134 tuna between us, each between 40-80 pounds. Pretty even mix of yellowfin and bluefin.

I came home with over 120 pounds of sushi grade tuna. Ate on it for a couple of months and then my wife calls me at work to tell me purple liquid was leaking out of freezer. It was melted popsicles, which of course were ruined along with all of the tuna, venison, homemade sausage, etc thanks to a dead freezer.

Hi there, I live in East Cobb. Been here for 26 years. We need an AH Atlanta area get together - besides the SCI banquet, although that's a fun event also. I think there are a number of folks trying to create an Atlanta chapter of DSC. Sadly I missed the inaugural meeting.

I also *love* redfish on light tackle!

Anyone know of hunting clubs in Georgia, preferably within about an hour of Atlanta that are accepting new members? Looking for a place to hunt whitetail and turkey. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!