AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
highcountrybulls, welcome to AH! What a great 20th anniversary! Have you told your wife yet what she’s getting? Don’t think mine would go for it.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

highcountrybulls

Reaction score
Media
Wow, thank you all for the very warm welcome!
I'm looking forward to getting the details of the hunt put together over the next few months and learning as much as possible through the forums here.

highcountrybulls

Reaction score
Media
Hello highcountrybulls,

One sourdough to another, welcome to the best forum in the world.
I live in Los Anchorage.
If you live here in the big city as well or, if not and you find yourself visiting Anchorage sometime, do let me know and I will be happy to tell you what little bit I know about Africa.

You will notice that I work for Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, Namibia.
Needless to say, I am biased toward my employer's Safari Company.
And, if true free-range hunting (no game fences, yearly animal migrations, etc) at a shockingly affordable price is of interest to you, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

But, no matter who you decide to book with, I can tell you what to look out for, before you plop down your deposit.

Cheers,
Paul (Velo Dog)

Thank you Paul. I'm in the Interior but we get down to Anchortown every now and again. I'll ping you next time we're down that way and see if we can get together. HC

Welcome aboard highcountrybulls. AH is the best site you'll find for planning an African hunt. There are lots of outfitters that are sponsors of AH and they will no doubt be contacting you. Does your wife hunt, or will she be coming along as an observer. "Package" hunts for Plains Game give you the best bang for the buck. What kind and caliber rifles do you own?

Thanks Shootist, My wife does indeed hunt and is a mighty fine shot I might add. We are pretty well covered when it comes to firearms calibers appropriate to Alaska and I'm quite certain they'd work well in Africa too. My current favorite is a Kimber Talkeetna that I've done some personalizing on.

Welcome to AH highcountrybulls! Where are you heading and what are you after?
Thank you AH, my first inclination is Namibia but I've not finalized any details yet other than we're for sure going over next year for our anniversary.

huntermn15

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, AK SCI
Hunted
U.S.A. NJ, TX, AZ, AK. Limpopo and the Kalihari in South Africa. Eastern Cape RSA 2017.
Welcome to AH highcountrybulls. I'm based in Anchorage and would be happy to share information and my experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

johnvdw

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NAPHA, NTB
Hi there! Just stumbled on this great forum a few days ago and thought I'd join up. I've been dreaming of hunting Africa for quite a few years now and had planned to go in 2015 but the opportunity to move to Alaska came up in 2014 so Africa was put on hold. I've just begun to plan for a trip for the wife and I's 20th anniversary next year which brought me to AH.
Welcome to the forum highcountrybulls. We will gladly assist in turning you African dream to reality. No better way to celebrate your 20th anniversary than a visit to our beautiful and diverse Namibia!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrycab

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.