Hello every one

Rosie

Reaction score
I am 72 and started hunting with my dad at age 8 and still hunting. Have hunted in most all of the united states , Africa , Mexico , Australia , New Zealand , and Canada.
I am trying to locate a guide I hunted with back on the early 80's , his name is Gert Kleynhans and was with Free State Safaris , Kroonstad RSA , any one know if he is still hunting and how to contact him ?
Thanks Rosie

Can't help you with your search but would like to welcome you to the forum Rosie. Hats off to you on your hunting career and hope that you may pass on some stories and share your knowledge with us.

Nathan

Welcome to AH Rosie! There are a lot of PH's on here if he's still around one of them will probably know him, if not go to the online site for PHASA and see if he's in their listings.

gday young fella,
dont know your friend , but im sure someone on here well know some one that does .
welcome to AH , enjoy the site .
feel free to share some of your hunts around the globe , and photos of course ....

Couple listings with the corporate name.

Free State Safaris

Physical Address:

Kroonstad,
Postal Address:
PO Box 676,
Kroonstad,

email:
bwstaal AT compuking.co.za

Free State Safaris
Address: Kroonstad, 9499, South Africa
Free State
Post Office box: 676, Kroonstad, 9500
Phone: 056 212 6567,
056 213 1159,,
Fax: 056 212 6567,
056 213 1166

Welcome to AH, Rosie!

Welcome to AH Rosie! Sorry cannot help locating that PH...

Welcome to AH, Rosie !

Hi Rosie, welcome to Africa Hunting.

Gert Kleynhans (78 years old) is still alive but however not a very good life story till now... He is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and is currently looked after in a privately run home for those suffering with Dementia/Alzheimer's. His progressive needs are well looked after for and he gets all the love in the world. Some days are better than the other, but overall not very good.

His son however, Lukas Kleynhans lives in the Eastern Part of the Free State in a small town called Bethlehem. He said to me that you are more than welcome to contact him and or even write to his father (Gert) should you wish to. Lukas's email address is lukas@vleissentraal.co.za and his contact number is +27 82 497 6793. Gert's brother now runs the operation (Free State Safaris) since Gert is no longer active in that field and retired from hunting and guiding in 1996.

I hope you can get hold of him.

Have a great day and all the best!

Kind regards,

Good Job Loodt!(y)

Good follow up Loodt.

Welcome Rosie.

I wonder if there is a relation to PH JP Kleynhans in RSA. I suppose its a fairly common name though.

Welcome Rosie.

I wonder if there is a relation to PH JP Kleynhans in RSA. I suppose its a fairly common name though.

The possibility might be there, however I doubt so. Kleynhans can also be spelled Kleinhans/Klijnhans/Kleiynhans and the most commonly used one is for sure Kleynhans.

Welcome to AH @Rosie , I would love to hear some hunting stories from the early 80s and mid 70s. I wasn't even a thought in my folks head at the time but I have always been interested in the earlier days of hunting.

Loodt can you also please find the missing Air Malaysia flight, bigfoot and my pair of Lynx binocs I lost a year ago! ;) Good job!

Welcome to AH Rosie ,I think I was 14 or so before the Old Man took me out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViolaFairb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you