Hello and Waidmannsheil from Germany

yumitori

Reaction score
Articles
Hunting reports
Europe
Hello to you all,

I am an avid hunter from my youth on. Though being handicapped from birth on I hoped to be able in Africa when retired. Now I a m retired but my handicap is severe enough so Africa Safari remains a dream... .
I love stories about hunting "big five" - above all dagga boys and leopards.
In Germany I hunt especially roe deer and racoon as well as red foxes. Sometimes wild boars.
I am collecting knives and I love vintage guns, above all side-by-side rifles.
Next I am interested in gun dogs, above all in scentdogs.
Before I lost my leg I had a male dachshund - "Amor" was a great scentdog on roe deer.

Of course I'll answer any question as long as manners and my poor English allow to do.

Waidmannsheil
Good Shooting

yumitori

Welcome to AH.

Share some of your hunts in Germany with us when you get a moment.

Welcome to AH yumitori!

Greetings yumitori,

Welcome to the greatest forum in the world.
Your English is excellent.
In regards to mobility and hunting in Africa, I believe that if you participate in this forum for very long, you will eventually go to Africa.
Most if not all PHs will be very keen to set with you, over-looking a water hole.

I'm getting old and arthritis is attacking both of my feet, as well as one knee.
I can still walk but, not very many years from now, I will be lurking in the bushes, watching the wildlife at the watering holes, instead of hiking the mountains.
Perhaps our paths may cross in Africa one of these years, it is possible.

Regards,
Velo Dog.
Alaska

Welcome to AH !

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH yumitori!

Welcome to AH. Due to a motorcycle accident in 1971 I've had very limited mobility. My limit at a slow pace on flat ground is about 250 yds. Yet I have been able to hunt White Tailed deer with a bow and or rifle. In August of 2016 I went to Africa with my sons. Five of the six animals I took met SCI's Trophy Requirements. Explain your challenges to your Outfitter ahead of time and get prepared to have the hunt of your life.

The only thing that can stop a guy from his wishes is himself. Make a plan with your PH and your dream will come through! I'm sure you can do it!
Best of luck!

Yumitori
Welcome to this great Forum.
Follow your dream and let nothing stand between you and what you want to accomplish by following your dream. Let your handicap motivate you...its a stepping stone and no obsticle.
Happy hunting and straight shooting...

Welcome! I would enjoy seeing pictures and reading about your hunting in Germany. My interest in hunting began due to a roe deer skull my great-great-grandfather shot in Germany. I hope to do the same one day.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH from Minnesota USA

Welcome and best wishes for you for your hunt in Africa if you dream it long enough it will happen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg