Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Deposits paid and flights booked! We're headed to the Omay for elephant and leopard in late June/early July.

We will be hunting with Dalton and York Safaris, a new outfit, booked through Michelle @ Buchanan Hunts.

A full report will follow on our return!

Last edited by a moderator:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Awesome, congrats on the booking!

375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
I watched their latest YouTube video in that area and it looks like a really exciting close up hunt. Good luck. Besides their great YouTube videos, I don’t really know anything about Buchanan hunts, what led do you booking your hunt through them?

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I watched their latest YouTube video in that area and it looks like a really exciting close up hunt. Good luck. Besides their great YouTube videos, I don’t really know anything about Buchanan hunts, what led do you booking your hunt through them?

I met Michelle and Andy Buchanan a few years back at DSC, before they had a TV show. I liked that they were locals, from Zimbabwe. We've been in contact over the years discussing options and everything came together for this summer.

First time I'm using an agent rather than direct with outfitter. We're very impressed with the customer service and how they are coordinating everything (pre and post hunt too) so far.

Good luck! Are you traveling through Harare or Vic Falls?
Dulles to Harare on Emirates. We will do a trip to vic falls after the hunt.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Deposits paid and flights booked! We're headed to the Omay for elephant and leopard in late June/early July.

We will be hunting with Dalton and York Safaris, a new outfit, booked through Michelle @ Buchanan Hunts.

You will love the Omay. This is where I took my lion.
Philip

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I'll be going back to the Omay in August of 2022 and 2023. It is a truly wild place and one not to be missed. Being able to hear hippos, lion, hyena, leopard, and others from your room is well lets say interesting! It is a very good place for hippo, croc, buffalo, and tuskless elephant. I am looking forward to hunting with Dalton again. I'll be going to try again for one of those pesky hyenas that eluded me last time!

375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
First time I'm using an agent rather than direct with outfitter. We're very impressed with the customer service and how they are coordinating everything (pre and post hunt too) so far.
I use a very long established, reputable agent here in the USA for most of my hunts. They have always sent me and my Dad on quality hunts, but I saw a lot of added value to using them in 2020 especially. He really put a stop to let’s say “overly optimistic” outfitters wanting final payments and hunts to continue when covid really made that nearly impossible, all were postponed to a later date. There is a lot of value using a good agent that’s there to represent the client. Good luck on your hunt.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Wish you the best !

Muskox

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
Ought to be a hell of a good hunt, I hope you get everything you are looking for.

Safari1

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I'll be going back to the Omay in August of 2022 and 2023. It is a truly wild place and one not to be missed. Being able to hear hippos, lion, hyena, leopard, and others from your room is well lets say interesting! It is a very good place for hippo, croc, buffalo, and tuskless elephant. I am looking forward to hunting with Dalton again. I'll be going to try again for one of those pesky hyenas that eluded me last time!

Any trophy elephant bulls?

Reaction score
Media

F25692A2-BFB3-4A81-B4D3-916504FADB85.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Media
I’ve hunted with both of them you can’t go wrong . They really go above and beyond to make sure you get your animals. I have been fortunate to get two leopards with York. Good luck you made the right choice.

C.W. Richter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 2x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
How much to dip/pack Zambian poachers??

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
@leopardslayer Nice leopard! Congrats!

We're super excited for this next adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonHaydo

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?