Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Deposits paid and flights booked! We're headed to the Omay for elephant and leopard in late June/early July.

We will be hunting with Dalton and York Safaris, a new outfit, booked through Michelle @ Buchanan Hunts.

A full report will follow on our return!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, congrats on the booking!

I watched their latest YouTube video in that area and it looks like a really exciting close up hunt. Good luck. Besides their great YouTube videos, I don’t really know anything about Buchanan hunts, what led do you booking your hunt through them?

I watched their latest YouTube video in that area and it looks like a really exciting close up hunt. Good luck. Besides their great YouTube videos, I don’t really know anything about Buchanan hunts, what led do you booking your hunt through them?

I met Michelle and Andy Buchanan a few years back at DSC, before they had a TV show. I liked that they were locals, from Zimbabwe. We've been in contact over the years discussing options and everything came together for this summer.

First time I'm using an agent rather than direct with outfitter. We're very impressed with the customer service and how they are coordinating everything (pre and post hunt too) so far.

Good luck! Are you traveling through Harare or Vic Falls?
Dulles to Harare on Emirates. We will do a trip to vic falls after the hunt.

Deposits paid and flights booked! We're headed to the Omay for elephant and leopard in late June/early July.

We will be hunting with Dalton and York Safaris, a new outfit, booked through Michelle @ Buchanan Hunts.

You will love the Omay. This is where I took my lion.
Philip

I'll be going back to the Omay in August of 2022 and 2023. It is a truly wild place and one not to be missed. Being able to hear hippos, lion, hyena, leopard, and others from your room is well lets say interesting! It is a very good place for hippo, croc, buffalo, and tuskless elephant. I am looking forward to hunting with Dalton again. I'll be going to try again for one of those pesky hyenas that eluded me last time!

First time I'm using an agent rather than direct with outfitter. We're very impressed with the customer service and how they are coordinating everything (pre and post hunt too) so far.
I use a very long established, reputable agent here in the USA for most of my hunts. They have always sent me and my Dad on quality hunts, but I saw a lot of added value to using them in 2020 especially. He really put a stop to let’s say “overly optimistic” outfitters wanting final payments and hunts to continue when covid really made that nearly impossible, all were postponed to a later date. There is a lot of value using a good agent that’s there to represent the client. Good luck on your hunt.

Wish you the best !

Ought to be a hell of a good hunt, I hope you get everything you are looking for.

I'll be going back to the Omay in August of 2022 and 2023. It is a truly wild place and one not to be missed. Being able to hear hippos, lion, hyena, leopard, and others from your room is well lets say interesting! It is a very good place for hippo, croc, buffalo, and tuskless elephant. I am looking forward to hunting with Dalton again. I'll be going to try again for one of those pesky hyenas that eluded me last time!

Any trophy elephant bulls?

F25692A2-BFB3-4A81-B4D3-916504FADB85.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve hunted with both of them you can’t go wrong . They really go above and beyond to make sure you get your animals. I have been fortunate to get two leopards with York. Good luck you made the right choice.

How much to dip/pack Zambian poachers??

@leopardslayer Nice leopard! Congrats!

We're super excited for this next adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg