Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Any trophy elephant bulls?
Yes but you can’t bring back the ivory right now. Some will be hunting bulls in the Omay and they will have a good hunt but just have to store the ivory for now.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Going there myself next year. PM sent
Deposits paid and flights booked! We're headed to the Omay for elephant and leopard in late June/early July.

We will be hunting with Dalton and York Safaris, a new outfit, booked through Michelle @ Buchanan Hunts.

A full report will follow on our return!
e

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Yes but you can’t bring back the ivory right now. Some will be hunting bulls in the Omay and they will have a good hunt but just have to store the ivory for now.
Trophy Consultants International (TCI) in Zim does an amazing job on replica tusks. The ones I’ve seen are almost impossible to distinguish from real unless you pick them up.

Last edited:

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Trophy Consultants International (TCI) in Zim does an amazing job on replica tusks. The ones I’ve seen are almost impossible to distinguish from real unless you pick them up.
I’ve been there before and they have done work for me. I did not realize they did replica tusks. Thanks.

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
TCI does a great job on replicas. They did 50 plus pounders for edge and they came out very lifelike. Not cheap but cool

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Do you know much about their process? Do they take a mold or just rely on measurements? Average cost?

I've got a taxidermist here in the USA that makes replicas based off photos and measurements.

Riverman

Reaction score
Well done for choosing Zimbabwe you will find the biggest treasure in Zimbabwe.. The people.

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I think the replicas were done with measurements and tons of pictures. I’m a little foggy on price since I didn’t write the check but the replicas were perfect. Shipping the damn things were the most and I’m thinking it was something OVER 4 thousand to reach Florida all in. Still small price for priceless memories. I’m a little afraid with our political nonsense getting real tusks in USA is a memory

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I think the replicas were done with measurements and tons of pictures. I’m a little foggy on price since I didn’t write the check but the replicas were perfect. Shipping the damn things were the most and I’m thinking it was something OVER 4 thousand to reach Florida all in. Still small price for priceless memories. I’m a little afraid with our political nonsense getting real tusks in USA is a memory

Thanks for the info. I might just get them done here in the US to avoid shipping costs

Frank Cavallo

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska & lower 48, Canada, Mexico, Spain, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Well done for choosing Zimbabwe you will find the biggest treasure in Zimbabwe.. The people.

I couldn't agree more. Just loved my lion hunt in the Save. Truly a Magical experience. Going back on 4/9 for ele on Humani with Butch Coaton.

Reaction score
Media
Just got back from Zim was fortunate to get another leopard with Dalton & York Safaris.

A602FAC1-B92B-412D-B877-5A0D97D5DAAC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Just got back from Zim was fortunate to get another leopard with Dalton & York Safaris.
Congrats! I heard you got your Tom after only a few days- awesome! Are you planning on posting a full report?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bush Rat 88

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?