Headed to Antarctica

Make sure you throw the AH App on your phone. It will use less bandwidth for your keeping in touch with AH.

Yeah I have it. Gonna have to use it more for sure
 
Congrats.
Great adventure, it looks like. With minor downside of no hunting.
As for big game try to (photo) shoot leopard seal!

Good luck, and keep us posted!
 
Well here I go! I have accepted a contract in Antarctica for the austral winter (feb-oct) as heavy equipment operator working for a Lockeed Martin subsidiary. Traveling from Anchorage to Christchurch today for a couple days of orientation and then down to McMurdo Station the end of the week.
No hunting and no guns...but hope to see a penguin in its natural environment:)
Should be an adventure!!! I will post some pics and n this thread as time and internet allow...

Good luck and stay safe!
 
Thanks for including us in this journey! I really look forward to your thoughts and puctures(y) very cool and play safe!
 
IMG_3246.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG


Got on the plane this morning headed to McMurdo and they turned us around due to weather before we got off the ground. Try again tomarrow....
 
Could be warmer down there than in many places in the US right now.
 
First class! Looks like you have plenty of leg room.
 
Sounds like a unique adventure! The pictures should be interesting. Stay safe.
 
View attachment 266168View attachment 266169

Got on the plane this morning headed to McMurdo and they turned us around due to weather before we got off the ground. Try again tomarrow....
So glad a civilian or two get to ride one of those damn things. At least you won't have to parachute in with 130 lbs of gear! And a C-17 will likely get you there and down in one piece. Be safe, and keep those updates coming out of the cold and dark nights (very long and very dark). ;)
 
I am sure things have changed a lot since I spent 13 months there.

You'll enjoy planning and chaining the runways when the time comes.

If they still fish the deep water hang out in the shack and watch what gets pulled in by a hydraulic winch from a 1000 or so feet.

Just keep your survival gear with you all the time, lest Herbie sneaks up and kills you.

You'll be fine
 
Travel to McMurdo- Day 3 Standby

Didn’t go to the airport today. so took a stroll around downtown Christchurch. Lots to see and still lots of construction from the 2011 earthquake

D13FFFD9-7A2A-41B0-A0F0-5B504AADC47C.jpeg
38242508-176C-4F0F-AC28-BF4CACB45C4F.jpeg
04D95132-49C7-47B2-83E4-A03157FE8DE4.jpeg
 
I remember my cousin joined the Navy to see the world and he ended up there.
 

Attachments

  • 10783626-16x9-160x90.jpg
    10783626-16x9-160x90.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 145
A couple of sunset pics. The sun will go down on April 23 for the winter, until August 18th so I have been taking a few pictures when I can get them. These were taken with my Iphone and no filters or editing.
fullsizeoutput_1e42.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1e44.jpeg
 
There is something about a sun rise and set that is very pleasing to the eye and the soul
 
You are going "WHERE"! Sounds like an awesome trip even if it is for work.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,835
Members
169,624
Latest member
hp66social1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top