Have any of you ever been in a self-defence situation....

I’ve never had a human in my sights or drawn on one. I might have had I had more fire power. Had nine thugs from the Lord’s Resistance Army (cult along the CAR/Uganda/Congo border) with AKs shooting at me in 2016 at 100 yards or so as I laid behind a small boulder in a savanna opening. So many bullets that I couldn’t even get my bolt action 375 H&H with three rounds in the magazine aimed their way. Probably a good thing I didn’t try. Everyone else in our party either ran or drove away. The PH took fire as he drove off. The black trackers were never shot at and they ran into the bush. I took most of the fire. When I realized I would be shot or at least captured, I got up from behind the small boulder and ran away zigzag to get away. It’s a miracle I was not hit. Lots of bullets. Still gives me chills. I never had what felt like a good chance to return fire. Too many of them, too many bullets whizzing by and I only had three rounds. Sometimes the best thing to do is flee.

Another time when engaged to my beautiful Mrs, she lived in an apartment and the guy that lived one level below her was harassing her. He was a creeper and kept trying to get into her apartment by asking to help her carry in groceries, packages, etc…. He also kept asking her out on dates. When she finally told me about it, I went unarmed to talk to him man to man. We had a good conversation and he agreed to leave her alone. About a month later, he started up again and was asking her out again. This time I put my pistol on (open carry) and when he answered the door, we had a rather one-sided conversation but I never touched the pistol or threatened to shoot him. I just told him to leave her alone and asked him if he knew what I did for a living. He apologized and said he was moving back to Chicago in two weeks. Probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done but she was afraid of what he might do to her sometime when I wasn’t around. I probably shouldn’t have been armed but it did send a message.

Been mugged twice. First time I just told the kid to F#ck off and he took off. He was probably early teens, maybe 100lbs and had paint all over his nose and mouth. He was holding steak knife from a restaurant. I could have ended that differently, but honestly there was no need and my life is better for it today, I have zero doubt. That was in Mexico City.

Second time was a bit more serious, it was in BVI. I wasn't in the best condition to fight and he was an adult in pretty good shape and also seemed like he knew what he was doing. He got a fake wallet with a little cash and some old plastic cards in it.

i have been a very light sleeper since my federal service in vn, and now i have two alarms out side and keep a firearm close to me tru out my house. i was hassled in phila by three black men while gassing up, i put my hand in my wind breaker and said i want to leave with out any trouble. one must have read was about to happen to them with my hand in the windbreaker(md 60s&w) and said lets go. moral of the story, have enough gas to make it in and out of the city.

@Vashper ... As I read that - and this is of topic for the thread; apologies for that - all I could think is that's Biden dealing with Putin. Biden and his threat of sanctions... he's threatening to tell Putin the exact time.
You see, I see that Biden is not very popular here, but I think that he is not always wrong either (in any case, I have never seen him wearing his trousers backwards). Sanctions are a ritual of American foreign policy, and the ceremonial must be observed, Confucius also argued.
In fact, the picture of self-defense is hardly applicable, the international situation is a little different here.
By the way, this also applies to cases in military service. There is more and more definitely another threshold for decision-making.

... He got a fake wallet with a little cash and some old plastic cards in it.
For this purpose, after one incident in a Thai tuk-tuk, I also have a fake wallet. There are old banknotes of Belarus and one unrecognized state, totaling about 1 dollar.

I’ve never had a human in my sights or drawn on one. I might have had I had more fire power. Had nine thugs from the Lord’s Resistance Army (cult along the CAR/Uganda/Congo border) with AKs shooting at me in 2016 at 100 yards or so as I laid behind a small boulder in a savanna opening. So many bullets that I couldn’t even get my bolt action 375 H&H with three rounds in the magazine aimed their way. Probably a good thing I didn’t try. Everyone else in our party either ran or drove away. The PH took fire as he drove off. The black trackers were never shot at and they ran into the bush. I took most of the fire. When I realized I would be shot or at least captured, I got up from behind the small boulder and ran away zigzag to get away. It’s a miracle I was not hit. Lots of bullets. Still gives me chills. I never had what felt like a good chance to return fire. Too many of them, too many bullets whizzing by and I only had three rounds. Sometimes the best thing to do is flee.

Another time when engaged to my beautiful Mrs, she lived in an apartment and the guy that lived one level below her was harassing her. He was a creeper and kept trying to get into her apartment by asking to help her carry in groceries, packages, etc…. He also kept asking her out on dates. When she finally told me about it, I went unarmed to talk to him man to man. We had a good conversation and he agreed to leave her alone. About a month later, he started up again and was asking her out again. This time I put my pistol on (open carry) and when he answered the door, we had a rather one-sided conversation but I never touched the pistol or threatened to shoot him. I just told him to leave her alone and asked him if he knew what I did for a living. He apologized and said he was moving back to Chicago in two weeks. Probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever done but she was afraid of what he might do to her sometime when I wasn’t around. I probably shouldn’t have been armed but it did send a message.
Just WOW! Did you happen to use a Global extraction service to get you out of the situation? The insurgents could have descended upon your camp and killed everyone there. They know your just armed with bolt action rifles while they apparently run amok with impunity with AK 47s.

Just WOW! Did you happen to use a Global extraction service to get you out of the situation? The insurgents could have descended upon your camp and killed everyone there. They know your just armed with bolt action rifles while they apparently run amok with impunity with AK 47s.

WOW again! Did you have to pay any extra for the "upgrade" to this hunting adventure? LOL

Last edited:
WOW again! Did you have to pay any extra for the upgrade to this hunting adventure? LOL
No but took a few years off my life and some new shorts lol.

Something like this?

My daughter will be moving to the Houston area soon... Your story doesnt make this dad feel to well
Unless she's going to be working downtown, she should live near the area where her place of employment is going to be - The Woodlands, Conroe, Magnolia, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg, Katy, Kingwood. Only Kingwood and part of Katy are in Harris County with Houston.

Could still live in any of those places and commute to downtown, and I did that commute for years. It sucks.

Got stuck behind a truck fire on Hwy 59 a while back. It's either 4 or 5 northbound lanes through there. Took me 2h10m to drive about 7 miles. While THAT was pretty unusual, not unusual at all for a 30 mile commute to be 1.5 - 2 hrs. Before we were sent home to work when the 'rona broke out, I'd get to the office at 0600. That commute was *only* 25 miles, usually took me 25-30 minutes to drive it. Same commute home at 1600 was *never* less than an hour.

and had to draw his gun ?
Was the process justiciable ?
Thank you for infos and stories.
Foxi

As a patrolman in one of the most violent neighborhoods in Houston, I drew multiple times every day. Thankfully, never had to shoot anyone.

best to look out for you and your loved ones, if that means carrying every where its a small price to pay. the shit heads who think its alright to take your property and also your life are every where, so to me it means carrying and keeping aware of whats going on around you and avoiding places where the shit heads high out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg