Have any of you ever been in a self-defence situation....

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
and had to draw his gun ?
Was the process justiciable ?
Thank you for infos and stories.
Foxi

7x57Joe

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Very close to it but, thankfully fear and common sense arose and he calmed down!

CEO

AH veteran
Reaction score
My wife doesn't look all that friendly, but is attractive, so she gets approached regularly. She works in Houston and sometimes has to stop in not so great areas for gas. She's never drawn down on someone, but has had her hand on her pistol in her purse twice when people started to give her a bad vibe.

HuntingGold

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
South Africa, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
My daughter will be moving to the Houston area soon... Your story doesnt make this dad feel to well

HuntingGold

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
South Africa, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
In regards to the original post, while employed as a police officer, I drew my weapon several times and was involved in one gunfight but I suspect you are looking for civilian answers. Yes all were deemed justified. I'm now retired.

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
Yes, in the early days whenever I came home with another gun. Thankfully, now I can a afford to occasionally bring home a gun AND eat that week. It seems she’s not nearly as ornery when she there is food too.
:unsure:

Seriously though, I do have a buddy who had to draw on a guy who pulled a knife. Thankfully the guy ran off without further incident. My buddy said he shook for a couple hours after that one.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Once, in Court an defendant was being taken into custody. While the bailiff was walking them to the jury box, the defendant started to flight with the bailiff while he was trying to place him in handcuffs. Weapon out, panic button pressed. Thankfully, no shots fired.

MickeyB

Reaction score
Foxi

Foxi
Foxi
Yes I have........happened on the VIETNAM/CAMBODIAN BORDER '68-'69....used up 3,500 rounds of 7.62 ammo for my M-60....FIREBASE DIAMOND ( can't remember which # it was. there were four of them 1,2,3, or 4 ? ) Remember when in doubt ... empty the magazine ....

Vashper

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
All-army military hunting society, Russian Union of hunters and fishermen.
Hunted
Only Russia
I had a friend who foresees everything, it sometimes looks like something abnormal. By the way, he worked as a medical examiner. In his country house, he installed GPS beacons on all valuable items. After his outboard motor was stolen, he and a friend drove up to the thief's house and called the police to the scene. And when the owner of the house rushed at them with an axe, he shot off his foot with a shotgun, but he did it on video, and therefore had no problems afterwards.

Vashper

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
All-army military hunting society, Russian Union of hunters and fishermen.
Hunted
Only Russia
Yes I have........happened on the VIETNAM/CAMBODIAN BORDER '68-'69....used up 3,500 rounds of 7.62 ammo for my M-60....FIREBASE DIAMOND ( can't remember which # it was. there were four of them 1,2,3, or 4 ? ) Remember when in doubt ... empty the magazine ....
440px-27InfRegtCOA.jpg
?

Hunter-Habib

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zambia , Namibia , Kenya , Mozambique , Zimbabwe
I was in the air force during the Indo-Pakistan war in 1971. And later, I was the Divisional Forest Officer of the Sundarbans until 1992. So we had to engage in more than a few fire fights with poachers, pirates and drug smugglers ( who used to smuggle heroin into the country through the Indian side of the Sundarbans ) during my posting in Khulna. Let’s just leave it at that.

Anybody who ACTUALLY had to take the lives of fellow human beings is definitely not going to want to share the details on social media for the whole world to see. No matter how justifiable the circumstances are. As a matter of fact, most of us don’t want to talk about it all. 90 % of the time, the people who gloat about things like their kill counts or kill techniques in public or on the internet … Never actually did any of those things. Killing members of your own species is an extremely ugly thing and ( while there are some justifiable scenarios which call for it and even deem it absolutely compulsory ) it is never something to brag about.

Last edited:

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My wife doesn't look all that friendly, but is attractive, so she gets approached regularly. She works in Houston and sometimes has to stop in not so great areas for gas. ...
I have a rule. Never let the car get below half a tank as that is enough gas to go anywhere in Southern CA and come back home. It took some time to train her, but my girlfriend does the same thing now.

justin wiles

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
NWTF
Nope. But I don’t get in a vehicle without at the very least my shotgun being in it and on the ready. I can put 15 buckshot in a 35” circle at 40 yards. About Once a week I have to run back inside the house when my wife wants me to ride with her to the grocery store or something. She already knows what I am going to get before the ride. Benelli sbe…..never leave home without.

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
I am not sure I would share any personal experiences if I had one on a public forum.

Nothing good happens after 10pm.

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
I am not sure I would share any personal experiences if I had one on a public forum.

Nothing good happens after 10pm.
Never had to but always have one within reach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De Wet Hunting Safaris

Latest profile posts

Tom Leoni wrote on Nyati67's profile.
Nyatyi, what's the tube dia. on your S&B?
Brian wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
CM,
That is nice work! I would like that cartridge slide for 50-110 Win. I would also use it for 500 S&W. Six cartridge loops would be perfect for me.

I will send you payment immediately.

Thank you,
Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope