Has anyone flown Emirates thru Dubai with firearms?

Buff-Buster

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Houston Safari Club, Gulf Coast SCI, SCI International. Rowland Ward, NRA, RMEF, North American Hunting Club - Life Member, Texas Trophy Hunters
Hunted
Mozambique, South Africa, (Kwa-Zulu Natal, Free State & East Cape), Zimbabwe (Charisa & West Nicholson), U.S.(Texas, New Mexico, LA, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Wyoming & Montana), Canada (Alberta & Saskatchewan) & Argentina (Cordoba)
Hey guys'
I have a hunt booked in Mozambique in August and I have purchased airline tickets with Emirates flying thru Dubai then on to Joburg. Two part question:

1) I've heard good things about Emirates, does anyone here have first hand knowledge?

2)They are telling me that transiting thru Dubai is not a problem with firearms. Has anyone done this?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

"Once you leave Africa, it doesn't leave you"

i have flown in business class about 6 times with emirates and they were very good. about transiting with firearms, i think you have to apply for a clearance for your firearms to transit dubai airport . emirates should be able to arrange this for you, or get your travel agent to liase with them.

Thanks Spike.t I have submitted the paperwork to Emirates, just was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of the process.

How did your experience with Emirates and firearms go? Did you just transit Dubai or did you enjoy a stopover?

Cheers
Jim

Hey Jim,
Emirates arranged for the UAE gun permits for me. Due to a ten hour layover it was required. Please read my hunt report for more details in the Hunt Report section - "My Hunt with Mashambanzou Safaris 2012". Word of caution. Emirates and SAA are sky link partners. If you have a connecting flight on your return with SAA then on to Emirates, do not let them check your bag/guns thru to your final destnation. Your guns MUST be check in with Emirates at their ticket counter! SAA might tell you it isn't necessary...don't believe them! Other than the issue caused by SAA and me being tired and believing them, there was no problem with Emirates. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg