Harald Wolf Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Hoss Delgado, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    Herrmanski, I haven't seen an introduction post from you but welcome to AH. No one on this site critiques a poster's English. However we are all interested in the experiences other hunters have, especially when they involve unusual calibers such as this one. Thanks for posting.

HWL, Red Leg and Hoss Delgado like this.

2. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    It would appear to me , then , that the original Schuler 11.2 × 72 mm Caliber was fairly lackluster. But the version built by Harald Wolf was a true Big Game Rifle loaded with a larger charge of powder and 430 grain bullets

kurpfalzjäger likes this.

3. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    Harald Wolf (Harald Wolf Masterguns ,Nidrum,Belgium), a German gunsmith, who went to Belgium because working there was easier for him, he once told me.

Sanchez Arino has probably shot much more elephants than all here in the forum together. At the end of his career, he found the .500 Jeffery even better than his beloved .577
    Nobody is allowed to have as many different calibers on DG as he. He also turned away from the double rifle.
    All stories of great hunters are stories of yesterday, he is the last living exponent with this self experienced knowledge.
    @ Hoss Delgado :
    Wim Degol,a premium bullet manufacturer from Belgium supplies you with what you want.
    wim.degol@telenet.be
    Foxi.
    tony-s-arino.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    kurpfalzjäger and Hoss Delgado like this.

4. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Thank you so much ! Isn't Tony still hunting ? :)

5. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    I can't imagine. He's already a very old boy (born 1931).
    2012 he was in the neighbour camp, royal guests guiding.
    That was pretty much his last hunt, I heard.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2019
    Hoss Delgado likes this.

6. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Thanks , Foxi ! :) I heard Degol no longer manufactures this caliber. But let's see !

7. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    oops,
    in the catalogue of 2018 by Reimer Johannsen, a reloading service (Reimer Johannsen GmbH service@reimer-johannsen.de), they are still offered.
    But talk best to Wim Degol himself. A very nice guy and the bullets cost the half (y)

8. kurpfalzjäger

kurpfalzjäger AH Member

There are some reasons for that , the better working of the cartridge 500 Jeffery in comparison to the cartridge 577NE is one , but not the only one.

There are many reasons why a Bolt Action rifle is superior to a DR for today's hunting conditions in Africa , but that's not the topic of the discussion.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Hoss Delgado likes this.

9. Luvthunt

Luvthunt AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Nice Kudu.

10. kurpfalzjäger

kurpfalzjäger AH Member

You should not admire the kudu but the rifle. The Kudu was intended only for frame and background !;)

Foxi likes this.

11. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hey , you're Right ! Wim Degol DOES make FMJ round nose solids for the 11.2 × 72 Schuler ! :D I ordered some ! Now , l can finally buy a rifle in this Caliber ! Yes !!! :D

Foxi likes this.

12. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    I don't think conditions have changed much in the bush.
    The animals, the heat, the dust, the thicket with its thorns, the TseTse flies have remained the same for 100 years.
    Bolt action guns + cartridges in Big Bore caliber are X- times better (apart from the price) since old times.
    Last weekend I met a PH who hunts in Caprivi and the KingNahale region.
    He has a .470 double rifle, but mainly uses his bolt action rifle for the back up.
    Caliber ? .500 Jeffery :)

Both are outstanding,gun and kudu.
    Foxi
    [​IMG] Harald Wolf + Tony Sanchez Arino

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Hoss Delgado likes this.

13. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I heard Harald is dead :(

14. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Oh no.Sure ?

Hoss Delgado likes this.

15. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    A site on German hunting guns says so :(
    I am buying an 11.2 × 72 mm Schuler rifle asap now , as Mr. Degol will provide me with FMJ bullets :D and l will commence making brass cases by turning down the belts off .404 Jeffery Brass Cases and forming them to size :D

16. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    pm sent

17. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    When I was recently in Spain, I was told that Tony had been struck by a car a couple of years ago while crossing a street, and though not life-threatening, the injuries had greatly curtailed his physical activities. Not surprising at his age.

Hoss Delgado likes this.

18. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    That's depressing !

19. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    the lovely press,especially "the Sun"
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjNj6CQlMbkAhUL7aYKHT5NDNAQFjACegQIAxAB&url=https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9005797/big-game-hunter-tony-sanchez-arino-killed-elephants-lions/&usg=AOvVaw382UH_jgeCx-RyrJ12E6Z-

and here at SCI in 2017

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Hoss Delgado likes this.

20. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    The British Vegan Retards and Anti Hunting Autistics are the real sickos. They are the real disease on this world spreading their fake propoganda .
    Demonizing a true Sportsman and gentleman like Tony Sanchez Arino. Tony ranks as Number 1 on My list of Greatest Hunters of all time . I would love to exchange correspondence with him some day . He is a true Gentleman. My ancestry is Spanish and everyone l know who met him describes him as modest to the extreme. I hope Tony is still active .My Grandad is 85 and going to Botswana with me next year .
    The only minor thing l dislike about him is that he thinks WDM Bell was a liar :(