Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Herrmanski, I haven't seen an introduction post from you but welcome to AH. No one on this site critiques a poster's English. However we are all interested in the experiences other hunters have, especially when they involve unusual calibers such as this one. Thanks for posting.

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
It would appear to me , then , that the original Schuler 11.2 × 72 mm Caliber was fairly lackluster. But the version built by Harald Wolf was a true Big Game Rifle loaded with a larger charge of powder and 430 grain bullets

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Harald Wolf (Harald Wolf Masterguns ,Nidrum,Belgium), a German gunsmith, who went to Belgium because working there was easier for him, he once told me.

Sanchez Arino has probably shot much more elephants than all here in the forum together. At the end of his career, he found the .500 Jeffery even better than his beloved .577
Nobody is allowed to have as many different calibers on DG as he. He also turned away from the double rifle.
All stories of great hunters are stories of yesterday, he is the last living exponent with this self experienced knowledge.
@ Hoss Delgado :
Wim Degol,a premium bullet manufacturer from Belgium supplies you with what you want.
wim.degol@telenet.be
Foxi.
tony-s-arino.jpg

Last edited:

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Harald Wolf (Harald Wolf Masterguns ,Nidrum,Belgium), a German gunsmith, who went to Belgium because working there was easier for him, he once told me.

Sanchez Arino has probably shot much more elephants than all here in the forum together. At the end of his career, he found the .500 Jeffery even better than his beloved .577
Nobody is allowed to have as many different calibers on DG as he. He also turned away from the double rifle.
All stories of great hunters are stories of yesterday, he is the last living exponent with this self experienced knowledge.
@ Hoss Delgado :
Wim Degol,a premium bullet manufacturer from Belgium supplies you with what you want.
wim.degol@telenet.be
Foxi.
View attachment 304761
Thank you so much ! Isn't Tony still hunting ? :)

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Thank you so much ! Isn't Tony still hunting ? :)

I can't imagine. He's already a very old boy (born 1931).
2012 he was in the neighbour camp, royal guests guiding.
That was pretty much his last hunt, I heard.

Attachments

• Tony-Sánchez-Ariño-Memorias.jpg
    Tony-Sánchez-Ariño-Memorias.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Thanks , Foxi ! :) I heard Degol no longer manufactures this caliber. But let's see !

oops,
in the catalogue of 2018 by Reimer Johannsen, a reloading service (Reimer Johannsen GmbH service@reimer-johannsen.de), they are still offered.
But talk best to Wim Degol himself. A very nice guy and the bullets cost the half (y)

kurpfalzjäger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media

Foxi.
View attachment 304761

There are some reasons for that , the better working of the cartridge 500 Jeffery in comparison to the cartridge 577NE is one , but not the only one.

There are many reasons why a Bolt Action rifle is superior to a DR for today's hunting conditions in Africa , but that's not the topic of the discussion.

Last edited:

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
oops,
in the catalogue of 2018 by Reimer Johannsen, a reloading service (Reimer Johannsen GmbH service@reimer-johannsen.de), they are still offered.
But talk best to Wim Degol himself. A very nice guy and the bullets cost the half (y)
Hey , you're Right ! Wim Degol DOES make FMJ round nose solids for the 11.2 × 72 Schuler ! :D I ordered some ! Now , l can finally buy a rifle in this Caliber ! Yes !!! :D

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
There are many reasons why a Bolt Action rifle is superior to a DR for today's hunting conditions in Africa , but that's not the topic of the discussion.

I don't think conditions have changed much in the bush.
The animals, the heat, the dust, the thicket with its thorns, the TseTse flies have remained the same for 100 years.
Bolt action guns + cartridges in Big Bore caliber are X- times better (apart from the price) since old times.
Last weekend I met a PH who hunts in Caprivi and the KingNahale region.
He has a .470 double rifle, but mainly uses his bolt action rifle for the back up.
Caliber ? .500 Jeffery :)

Both are outstanding,gun and kudu.
Foxi
Harald Wolf + Tony Sanchez Arino

Last edited:

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I don't think conditions have changed much in the bush.
The animals, the heat, the dust, the thicket with its thorns, the TseTse flies have remained the same for 100 years.
Bolt action guns + cartridges in Big Bore caliber are X- times better (apart from the price) since old times.
Last weekend I met a PH who hunts in Caprivi and the KingNahale region.
He has a .470 double rifle, but mainly uses his bolt action rifle for the back up.
Caliber ? .500 Jeffery :)

Both are outstanding,gun and kudu.
Foxi
Harald Wolf + Tony Sanchez Arino
I heard Harald is dead :(

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Oh no.Sure ?

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Oh no.Sure ?
A site on German hunting guns says so :(
I am buying an 11.2 × 72 mm Schuler rifle asap now , as Mr. Degol will provide me with FMJ bullets :D and l will commence making brass cases by turning down the belts off .404 Jeffery Brass Cases and forming them to size :D

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
A site on German hunting guns says so :(
I am buying an 11.2 × 72 mm Schuler rifle asap now , as Mr. Degol will provide me with FMJ bullets :D and l will commence making brass cases by turning down the belts off .404 Jeffery Brass Cases and forming them to size :D
pm sent

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
When I was recently in Spain, I was told that Tony had been struck by a car a couple of years ago while crossing a street, and though not life-threatening, the injuries had greatly curtailed his physical activities. Not surprising at his age.

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
When I was recently in Spain, I was told that Tony had been struck by a car a couple of years ago while crossing a street, and though not life-threatening, the injuries had greatly curtailed his physical activities. Not surprising at his age.
That's depressing !

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
the lovely press,especially "the Sun"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjNj6CQlMbkAhUL7aYKHT5NDNAQFjACegQIAxAB&url=https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9005797/big-game-hunter-tony-sanchez-arino-killed-elephants-lions/&usg=AOvVaw382UH_jgeCx-RyrJ12E6Z-

and here at SCI in 2017

Last edited:

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
The British Vegan Retards and Anti Hunting Autistics are the real sickos. They are the real disease on this world spreading their fake propoganda .
Demonizing a true Sportsman and gentleman like Tony Sanchez Arino. Tony ranks as Number 1 on My list of Greatest Hunters of all time . I would love to exchange correspondence with him some day . He is a true Gentleman. My ancestry is Spanish and everyone l know who met him describes him as modest to the extreme. I hope Tony is still active .My Grandad is 85 and going to Botswana with me next year .
The only minor thing l dislike about him is that he thinks WDM Bell was a liar :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dambo416

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J