Gun/Sporting Shops in Paris, France?

Havegunwilltravel

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Cameroon, South Africa, Tanzania, North America, Europe, Turkey, Mongolia, South Pacific
I am traveling to Paris, France for a few days. I was wondering if there were any fine sporting goods stores or gun shops worth visiting?

Interested in browsing double rifles, fine guns, knives, continental hunting/safari stuff generally. Would love to handle some Verney-Carron and Chapuis guns. I plan on visiting Librairie de Montbel which is an antique bookstore specializing in hunting/fishing books. Any other museums on french/european natural history/ hunting / arms etc. would also be of interest.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Yes there are a few gun shops in Paris. I have hit most of the high end gun shops in London, and was considering doing the same in Paris about 3 or so years ago. I can't recall any of the names. Google gun shops in Paris and you will find a few. Then you will have to bring up a map of Paris I believe to help you to locate them. I believe the ones I found were on the out perimeter of the city and not in the city center. Good luck and give us a report on what you find. By the way I never made that trip. Have been to Paris many times but was never looking for gun shops during those visits.

The Chapuis factory is in Saint Etienne in the south of France. You can take a train there and tour the facilities I believe. Not sure about Verney Carron, but I believe it is in the same area.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCD
Try to visit le “Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature” in the 3rd arrondissement. I went there years ago, and it makes for a nice 2-3hr visit.

(That’s the museum of hunting and nature btw)

Last edited:
Try to visit le “Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature” in the 3rd arrondissement. I went there years ago, and it makes for a nice 2-3hr visit.

(That’s the museum of hunting and nature btw)

Thanks that sounds great, I'll give it a try.

Yes there are a few gun shops in Paris. I have hit most of the high end gun shops in London, and was considering doing the same in Paris about 3 or so years ago. I can't recall any of the names. Google gun shops in Paris and you will find a few. Then you will have to bring up a map of Paris I believe to help you to locate them. I believe the ones I found were on the out perimeter of the city and not in the city center. Good luck and give us a report on what you find. By the way I never made that trip. Have been to Paris many times but was never looking for gun shops during those visits.

The Chapuis factory is in Saint Etienne in the south of France. You can take a train there and tour the facilities I believe. Not sure about Verney Carron, but I believe it is in the same area.
Thanks! This is a trip to Paris for the wife, so sadly won't make it to St. Etienne this time but would love to do that some day. Was hoping there might be a gun shop somewhere in Paris that stocked VC or Chapuis....so I could take a look while we are poking around...I'll keep looking.

Another great idea is to go have a look at Drouot auction house, they have weekly auctions on antique firearms I believe. Can be fun to peruse through the offerings.

Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature
REALLY KOOL .. worth a visit...I even bought the coffee table book

Side note if you make it Madrid one day check out the Museum of Natural History... the Royals and Grandee families must have donated taxidermy ..quite impressive collection

Some years ago I had a client in Paris and used to visit for one week every month for a couple of years. There are some gun shops in Paris, and a couple that have fine continental AND British guns... but I had a problem... my French is limited and most of the people in the gun shops either professed no English or just ignored me. I had a great experience several times at a shop on the Rue Franklin Roosevelt but they have been closed for several years.

My French is not too good either…we’ll give it a try anyway.

I found a very nice shop not far from our flat on Rue Clere. They had an inventory of fine British and French guns and rifles. It was toward the tower from Rue Clere. I apologize but that is the best I can do.

The shop I referred to in my earlier post on rue Franklin Roosevelt was Gastinne Renette, a prestige French gunmaker in the mold of Holland and Holland. They were very welcoming and had many fine firearms. Next door to the Tour de Argent, one of the great Parisian eating places.

The shop I referred to in my earlier post on rue Franklin Roosevelt was Gastinne Renette, a prestige French gunmaker in the mold of Holland and Holland. They were very welcoming and had many fine firearms. Next door to the Tour de Argent, one of the great Parisian eating places.

Great, thank you! Leaving Saturday. Hopefully I’ll make it over there.

Great, thank you! Leaving Saturday. Hopefully I’ll make it over there.
Last time I was in Paris they had closed. I do not know if they relocated elsewhere in Paris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairaRatle

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.