Gun Room & Trophy Room Done

gee,where are the handguns????

@Red Leg is going to have to forgive me, but I saw this and got a visual of him getting all upset over something and running off to his safe space.... :A Outta:

FB_IMG_1479420088507.jpg

And your point is? :A Outta:

I'm still laughing

I see lots of old friends in that safe room.

Why is it when threads deteriorate they get better? Sometimes the vinegar is better than the wine. I laugh every time someone puts up an internet meme, especially considering the age group involved. :)

Why is it when threads deteriorate they get better? Sometimes the vinegar is better than the wine. I laugh every time someone puts up an internet meme, especially considering the age group involved. :)

Always good to let the kid out of the closet.

truly a work of art! you had some fine craftsmen involved with that project!
:D Cheers:

Great trophy room, with style and taste!
Congratulations, sir!

Glad this was brought back up. I missed it the first go ‘round.

It is evident the General’s good taste extends beyond rifles!

Tim

What a wonderful room! That is certainly something to aspire to!!

For more than a year we have been working on our guest house/trophy room/gentlemen's club/ and now gun room. We are finished! At least till the next piece of preserved fauna appears.

I am really happy with the final product. I am no longer beating the hell out of fine rifles and guns trying to get them out of the safe, and I have a comfortable spot to clean them and enjoy them. And because it is adjacent to the trophy room, it makes looking over one or more an easy and fun thing when friends are out at the place.

full

full

I think you have done a beautiful job with your new gun, trophy, Gentlemen's Club. You have a nice assortment of guns, if you could which 5 are your favorites?

Yipes, that is one beautiful set-up. Before we started our gun room/reloading room/man cave project I looked at a few on this level and drooled. Gorgeous!

Let's just say my project is decidedly less ambitious than this one!

I think you have done a beautiful job with your new gun, trophy, Gentlemen's Club. You have a nice assortment of guns, if you could which 5 are your favorites?
That is really hard to do. Over the years, I pretty much have traded away those that I don't love. I 'll give you two sets of five - one based on quality of design, feel, etc, and a second set based on the memories they evoke. That said, they are pretty much interchangeable, so maybe I am just looking for an excuse not to whittle down to 5. (n)

1) Blaser R8
2) Rigby Highland Stalker
3) Circa 1910 William Evans 12 Bore Paradox
4) William Cashmore 12 Bore Nitro (it has also won a lot of matches in the pigeon ring and dropped a lot of pheasants)
5) James MacNaughton 12 Bore game gun (broken a lot of clays and also dropped a lot of pheasants)

Favorite hunting memories

1) Blaser R8 (Yes, both lists)
2) Blaser S2
3) Ruger No. 1 .270
4) Merkel KR-1 .270
5) Connecticut Shotgun 20 bore "Inverness" (favorite quail and dove gun)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg