AH senior member
That is really hard to do. Over the years, I pretty much have traded away those that I don't love. I 'll give you two sets of five - one based on quality of design, feel, etc, and a second set based on the memories they evoke. That said, they are pretty much interchangeable, so maybe I am just looking for an excuse not to whittle down to 5.
1) Blaser R8
2) Rigby Highland Stalker
3) Circa 1910 William Evans 12 Bore Paradox
4) William Cashmore 12 Bore Nitro (it has also won a lot of matches in the pigeon ring and dropped a lot of pheasants)
5) James MacNaughton 12 Bore game gun (broken a lot of clays and also dropped a lot of pheasants)
Favorite hunting memories
1) Blaser R8 (Yes, both lists)
2) Blaser S2
3) Ruger No. 1 .270
4) Merkel KR-1 .270
5) Connecticut Shotgun 20 bore "Inverness" (favorite quail and dove gun)
I was looking in my safes yesterday and had that same thought, which are my favorites and why. That's why I asked you the same question.
Thanks for the reply, both are nice lists. What calibers are the Blasers?