Gun Room & Trophy Room Done

Very classy General.

You have great taste. "Gentlemen's Club" is a very appropriate term.

Your firearms collection is impressive. No doubt there are many interesting stories associated with each one.

Congratulations on the completion of a beautiful project.

Very very nice! You have an impressive collection and a Great space to enjoy you trophies and arsenal!

beautifully executed.. well done!

Exceptional RedLeg! Nicely done Sir!
Cheers,
Cody

any handguns around???

Excellent, very elegant.

Stunning Redleg!

I will show (my) Nancy what I strive for on the trophy room and how much money I've saved her on the rfiles. She should be much more grateful than she is for that. :E Big Grin:

Last edited:
@Red Leg, the room looks great. I'm extremely fond of the Canvasback and Canadian decoys above the guncases, they just seem to add that special touch.

Beautiful rooms and well executed. Thank you for sharing.

General, extremely nice! The best compliment I can pay is that I will hopefully steal some of these ideas as we start design on our retirement home.

Thanks all. As several have alluded, I am very fortunate to have a bride for the last 35 years who has been a full partner in two demanding careers, and who has been very patient with this fine madness in which all of us in this forum participate. Fortunately, should I drop dead tomorrow, she'll do very well liquidating the collection even at auctIon or wholesale prices.

Very classy room!

I think behind every good man, is a woman looking to liquidate their husband's hunting collection :sneaky:

That is certainly a work of art. Lovely.

Very well done! I think that's the best looking private trophy room/gun room I've seen yet.

Thank you for sharing!

Beautiful.

My solution was a "Panic Room" of sorts. I was rebuilding after a fire that gutted the first floor, so I had a clean slate. We redesigned the floorplan to "remove" a small bedroom. The old access was covered with a much needed closet. Access to the "Room" was through a hidden door (behind a built in bookshelf on hidden hinges).

The bookcase covered a steel exterior door with a combination lock, set into 4x4 posts for the frame. To secure the "room" we used studs on 12" centers (instead of 16"), then ran rebar horizontal every 12". The exterior wall was typical "wallboard" behind that was 1" plywood, then the studs, then more plywood, then wallboard on the interior walls. Finally we filled the gaps with shredded tyres. The rubber grabs onto cutting tools. Its not foolproof but pretty good.

I had always planned to add an alarm system that deployed pepper spray; but sold the house before I got around to it.

If I do it again (cant tell you hahahaha), I'll add a hidden exit door in the exterior wall, so that if Im ever worried about a breach that we cant handle with the armory stored inside all we would have to do is open the door and punch through the siding on the house.

@EDELWEISS sounds very nice! Do you have any photos to share?

@EDELWEISS sounds very nice! Do you have any photos to share?

Sorry Bro, I sold the house and havent built another one yet.
From the inside it just had normal looking walls. On the outside it looked just like a bookcase--I cant say this enough, if you go this route put similar bookcases in other rooms.

Absolutely fantastic Sir! Love the ingenuity and style. And of course the gun collection...

Any advice if one was to do something on a ground floor and actually pour concrete walls and ceiling? How would you ventilate it yet keep it at least fire resistant if not fire proof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg