Gun Control

Missouri has no requirements either. You can never have shot a gun your entire life, buy a handgun in an hour, and stick it in your pocket. How does it work out, it doesn't. I have a much greater risk of getting shot by a legal gun owner in a parking lot argument than getting robbed.

As my boss says, "with great power comes great responsibility"
Your boss either reads "Spiderman" or is a student of French history (I somehow am guessing not).

"Ils doivent envisager qu’une grande responsabilité est la suite inséparable d’un grand pouvoir." May 1793/ French Directoire

Love to see your statistical source on the likelihood of your demise. Sounds like something Lori Lightfoot, Bill de Blasio, or Tishaura Jones (mayor of the most dangerous city in America) would postulate.

Hi Pheroze,

Here in Alaska, as long as a person is in lawful possession of a firearm, they may carry it concealed or in plain view, either way.
In other words, we (Alaskans) have a carry policy / state law that, mirrors the USA Bill of Rights, specifically The 2nd Amendment.
(“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”).
The Alaska State acknowledgement of this was passed into state law, many years ago.
I was an Anchorage Police Officer at the time (retired 19 years now).

I clearly remember that when our state law passed, soon thereafter I personally was not dispatched to any more armed robberies of individuals, for many months.
And, in the years that followed, I personally was only dispatched to same, on rare occasions.

I’m referring to the once common here, type of robbery wherein, a victim is suddenly approached at an outside Automated Cash Machine, or as the victim is exiting their car at a gas station, convenience market, etc. and money is demanded at gun point or knife point or broken bottle brandished, etc.
It generally stopped, as if striking a proverbial brick wall.

Perhaps the best illustration of why this works so well is, the USA cities that enjoy the highest murder numbers, also have the strictest gun control laws.

Hope this helps clarify what’s going on, here in what I call, “the free states”, within the USA.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Sounds like a good place MR VD....but unfortunately way way too bloody cold.....

Tishaura Jones
Bingo

St. Louis has the highest murder rate in the country... but.. St. Louis being 150 police officers short isnt a problem.. the solution is the general public needs to get more involved and criminal detainees need to be treated with more respect..

Guns! Those are the problem!

I mean having super tight gun laws in Chicago.. Thats stopped all of the violence.. and its working great in DC and LA too!

Sadly laughable..

Missouri has no requirements either. You can never have shot a gun your entire life, buy a handgun in an hour, and stick it in your pocket. How does it work out, it doesn't. I have a much greater risk of getting shot by a legal gun owner in a parking lot argument than getting robbed.

well bless your heart!

Texas is going to allow unlicensed carry This is a development I don't understand, it sounds very risky. Is it seen as a good thing?

Well, the turds and crazies are already carrying, sans license, whenever they want.

Most free people, not all certainly, who didn't grow up in the gun culture have the sense to take a class or 2 if they want to start shooting.

There is no alternative to this condition except to deny free people this sort of access, even if you count any given state's law on licensing handgun use.

We must trust free people with their own judgment. Some will choose badly, but there is no freedom without the agency to choose poorly.

1621967601013.png

I was just typing a question about this when you responded @sgt_zim Does anyone know the actual number of people who choose to carry In those states that allow carry without a license? And, of those, do many choose to take proper training? In the recent mall shooting in Texas, I was surprised that people didn't just shoot the shooter. It made me think that not a lot of people actually carry. Although, I do recall a church shooting where people with guns prevented more carnage. I would not want to carry a gun without proper training - a handgun is not particularly discriminating. It appears that this fact is not lost on the majority of citizens.

The great thing I see in the USA is the real belief in the capability of the average person to make a decision reasonably. It is also reflected in the whole mask requirement debate. A friend went to Florida and said he estimated about 50% of the people he saw had masks despite no law requiring them. What I will term a European culture that the state must tell people what to do is gaining more traction every day. I am against it.

Keep in mind, the first shooting to which you are referring is the very blue/liberal El Paso county. If such a thing comes to pass in the suburban counties bordering the big municipalities here (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Ft Worth, and El Paso), the initiator of the violence has greater odds of being shot by an armed citizen.

Idaho is also a Constitutional Carry state. Open carry or concealed carry is legal most places with some exceptions such as government facilities and businesses who properly post notices informing people firearms are not allowed on the premises. I do not recall ever seeing a notice posted anywhere except government buildings, but I’m sure there are a few businesses who do.
Idaho also has an “Enhanced Carry Permit” which requires completion of training, test and proper application, but it is a “Shall Issue” not a “May Issue” situation. An example of where an enhanced carry permit is required is college dorms. College students who posses an enhanced carry permit may possess a firearm in their dormitory.
Idaho has had virtually zero issues, despite the cries of the sky is falling from those who were terrified the population would all of a sudden kill each other whether on accident or on purpose.
Across the board, states with constitutional carry laws have been significantly more safe, not less safe than states with restrictive gun control laws.
Gun control laws are not about public safety, they are about control. Widespread firearms ownership and possession makes for a “polite society”.

As my boss says, "with great power comes great responsibil

This is what happens when you do nothing but watch CNN or MSNBC to get your "news" from, pure BS anti gun propaganda! Some folks never learn, most libtards wise up at some point in life, some never do, idiots like Bernie Sanders and his supporters, the Squad and their adherents. Good grief, it never ends.

Keep in mind, the first shooting to which you are referring is the very blue/liberal El Paso county. If such a thing comes to pass in the suburban counties bordering the big municipalities here (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Ft Worth, and El Paso), the initiator of the violence has greater odds of being shot by an armed citizen.

Wow always thought of el paso as a country town cowboy sort of place....

It was for a long time..

Then it got overwhelmed with immigration (both legal and illegal).. Today El Paso is a little more than 79% hispanic.. predominantly from Mexico and Central American countries.. with a HUGE part of the voting block being 1st and 2nd generation citizens..

In a nutshell.. they brought their Mexico/Central American values with them.. and vote that way..

Not unlike the Californication of the US thats occuring elsewhere.. Folks are fleeing California en masse.. citing "taxes too high", "crime too high", "unemployment too high", "cost of living too high", "not enough opportunity", etc.. then arriving in places like Idaho, Arizona, and Texas.. and voting the the exact same garbage that has bankrupted their cities and allowed crime to get out of control..

It was for a long time..

Then it got overwhelmed with immigration (both legal and illegal).. Today El Paso is a little more than 79% hispanic.. predominantly from Mexico and Central American countries.. with a HUGE part of the voting block being 1st and 2nd generation citizens..

In a nutshell.. they brought their Mexico/Central American values with them.. and vote that way..

Not unlike the Californication of the US thats occuring elsewhere.. Folks are fleeing California en masse.. citing "taxes too high", "crime too high", "unemployment too high", "cost of living too high", "not enough opportunity", etc.. then arriving in places like Idaho, Arizona, and Texas.. and voting the the exact same garbage that has bankrupted their cities and allowed crime to get out of control..

Yeah, consider that they elected, and re-elected twice, Robert Francis O'Rourke, AKA "Beto" O'Rourke, the Irish Mexican, sorta like Juan Epstien from "welcome back kotter" was a Puerto Rican Jew. ;)

i have had a ccw ever since i got out of the service in the mid 60,s and have carried just about every time i go out. 1911 A1-45 acp, S&W 624 in 44 spl, glock 22 in 40 S&W, S&W 60 in 38 spl, ruger clp in 380. depending on dress-weather-driving-walking. several times in those years i have been glad i was armed, but was able to avoid pulling my ccw out.

I have lived in 2 Constitutional carry states when they became such, and I don’t remember a large change in crime or accidental shootings after passing. However, both states already had strong gun cultures, so it’s not seen as a forbidden fruit. It would be different in say New York.

You don't think the average mugger/purse snatcher may think twice if there was a good chance their potential victim was packin' heat? LOL

Old saying, "an armed society is a polite society".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber