Greetings from Tennessee!

Crob84

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I'm still a few years away from getting the opportunity to plan a trip to Africa (student loans and all) but can't wait to get the opportunity to hunt there. Approximately how long do I need to plan in advance a hunting trip to Africa? And, also, how is the wing shooting? As a native Arkansan duck hunting is in my blood and I would love the chance to hunt waterfowl on another continent. Anyway, I love the site. As overwhelming as it looks I'm looking forward to learning all about hunting in Africa from all the experienced members here. Thanks so much for all the expertise and advice!

Chris

Welcome to AH, several outfitters offer bird hunting.

Welcome!

Enjoy the planning. And there is some great bird hunting for sure.

Welcome to AH Chris! How long to plan is dependent on a number of things. Everything from your own personal schedule to how picky you are about when you want to hunt come into play. Booking a hunt two years out is quite common to ensure you get the dates you want, but a year out I'd say is plenty of time.

Welcome to AH sir! Spend some time looking through this site for ideas as to what you would like to do and what you would like to hunt. A year out is enough time to firm things up.

Reality: You've already started planning.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Chris! Glad to hear that you're enjoying the site… As @BRICKBURN mentioned you already started the process!

Welcome to AH. Wing shooting in Africa is great, but specialized, most outfitters offer wing shooting, but very few understand the dynamics of wing shooting and can produce the quality.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome! It's never too early to start planning and dreaming about the next big hunt. However, one year is usually about right to lock down and commit (pay a deposit) on a hunt.

Dave

The thing you need to be prepared for is that once you start looking into it and seeing the deals on here your time line will shift. When I started looking in Feb I had a plan for summer of 2017- I will be going this Aug. A year and a half turned out to be 7mo- just couldn't wait. If you want to go bad enough you will find a way!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Chris!

Hi Chris, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!