Greetings from Norway

Tom Y. Hanssen

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Norway, Sweden & South Africa
Hello and thank you for allowing me into the forum. I am new to Africa big game hunting. After having grown up reading all of Wilbur Smiths books, it has ever since been my dream to take part in an african hunt. I have just booked one for next February together with my son, and we plan to hunt a Cape Buffalo and various plains game.
Here in Norway I have been hunting Caribou, red deer and grouse regularly. In Sweden I and my son hunt Fallow Deer and Wild Boar on a regular basis.
When I am not hunting or target shooting, I enjoy sailing, skiing and golf, work and time with my family

Welcome aboard Tom. You certainly picked a hot time of year to hunt in Africa. Will your son be hunting with you in Africa? Who did you book your hunt with? Where will you be hunting? I live in the United States, my oldest son and I are going to Argentina next month to hunt Red Stag.

Welcome to AH Tom Y. Hanssen! Enjoy exploring the site.

:S Welcome:

Welcome aboard Tom. You certainly picked a hot time of year to hunt in Africa. Will your son be hunting with you in Africa? Who did you book your hunt with? Where will you be hunting? I live in the United States, my oldest son and I are going to Argentina next month to hunt Red Stag.
Hi there, yes my son will be joining me. I booked with NB Safaris. Was sadly made aware that the owner and PH Neil Barnard was tragically killed in a car accident yesterday morning. Good hunting in Argentina. My son has also googled Argentina, seems as they have some massive Buffalo to hunt there as well. I hope you will share your hinting experience afrerwards. Cheers, Tom

Welcome abaord!

Tom, what is going to happen with your hunt? I hope you are able to continue with the same outfit but obviously a different Professional Hunter. If not, I hope you are able to get your deposit back and rebook with a different Outfitter.

Tom, what is going to happen with your hunt? I hope you are able to continue with the same outfit but obviously a different Professional Hunter. If not, I hope you are able to get your deposit back and rebook with a different Outfitter.
I think we will be good due to the time and that there are others to fill his shoes. I never met him, but we communicated regularly via WhatsApp and email planning the hunt, and we had established quite a good report as I believe he was a really down to earth and very likeable fellow.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Tom, welcome to the AH forum! You and your son are going to have a grand adventure!

Congratulations on booking your hunt.

Welcome to AH

Hi Tom, welcome to AH !

Hello and thank you for allowing me into the forum. I am new to Africa big game hunting. After having grown up reading all of Wilbur Smiths books, it has ever since been my dream to take part in an african hunt. I have just booked one for next February together with my son, and we plan to hunt a Cape Buffalo and various plains game.
Here in Norway I have been hunting Caribou, red deer and grouse regularly. In Sweden I and my son hunt Fallow Deer and Wild Boar on a regular basis.
When I am not hunting or target shooting, I enjoy sailing, skiing and golf, work and time with my family

Hello Tom Y. Hanssen,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best regards,
Paul.

Hello and welcome to AH, Tom!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg