Greetings from Nebraska

NE 7x57

AH veteran
Reaction score
Greetings from the center of the US where the wind is blowing as usual. I've lurked on this forum for a while and have been impressed with the polite nature of the conversation, a contrast to some of the hunting/shooting forums online, so I registered.

I have not hunted Africa and at this late point in life that seems unlikely to happen. I have family scattered around the US and other places and the majority of my travel resources go to visiting them. I'll probably just continue to hunt here in the middle of the US and read of some of the adventures of those on this forum.

I do quite a bit of shooting. Don't reload so that activity has been moderated by the availability and price of ammunition. I am a fan of the 7x57 (hence the user name) and currently have 2 Ruger number 1s in that caliber. Also have a M70 Win in 06, a 6mm and 6.5mm CM, a 270, numerous AR rifles in various calibers and so on. Additionally, shotguns, my favorite being the 20 ga Browning Superposed in my photo.

By trade I'm a photographer. Which I also enjoy as a hobby. Despite my age I also try to do some running although it's slow, slow.

Welcome to AH! I also have several Ruger 1s and enjoy them!

I think you are wrong in saying this late in life. Africa is a country you can hunt to your last days. Have a hard time walking just let your PH know. You really need to go to experience the wonderment of Africa. Take your family, their is plenty to do in camp/lodge for the non hunters. Welcome!
Don

Giday NE 7x57 and welcome to the A H forums. Being apreciative of the 7x57 you will find many like minded hunters here.

Welcome!
I too was drawn to this site by the civil discussions.

May I ask what part of Nebraska you're from? I hunted public land Mule Deer up in the Crawford area a few years ago. Neat country.
Missed a nice 4x4 muley with my muzzleloader on that hunt. I can still see that miss as plain as day when I shut my eyes.

Greetings from the center of the US where the wind is blowing as usual. I've lurked on this forum for a while and have been impressed with the polite nature of the conversation, a contrast to some of the hunting/shooting forums online, so I registered.

I have not hunted Africa and at this late point in life that seems unlikely to happen. I have family scattered around the US and other places and the majority of my travel resources go to visiting them. I'll probably just continue to hunt here in the middle of the US and read of some of the adventures of those on this forum.

I do quite a bit of shooting. Don't reload so that activity has been moderated by the availability and price of ammunition. I am a fan of the 7x57 (hence the user name) and currently have 2 Ruger number 1s in that caliber. Also have a M70 Win in 06, a 6mm and 6.5mm CM, a 270, numerous AR rifles in various calibers and so on. Additionally, shotguns, my favorite being the 20 ga Browning Superposed in my photo.

By trade I'm a photographer. Which I also enjoy as a hobby. Despite my age I also try to do some running although it's slow, slow.
Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to the AH community!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH! I also have several Ruger 1s and enjoy them!
Thanks. They are a bit addictive. I got the first a few years back at a gun show. A barely used RSI in 7x57. Then late in 2020 I came upon a unique looking one in a gun shop. The guy who had owned it bought a barreled action back when Ruger sold those and made the stock and forearm. I looked, it was another 7x57 and because I have little willpower I brought it home.
Giday NE 7x57 and welcome to the A H forums. Being apreciative of the 7x57 you will find many like minded hunters here.
Thanks. Actually I think that's how I found this site was during a search for information on the 7x57.

Welcome!
I too was drawn to this site by the civil discussions.

May I ask what part of Nebraska you're from? I hunted public land Mule Deer up in the Crawford area a few years ago. Neat country.
Missed a nice 4x4 muley with my muzzleloader on that hunt. I can still see that miss as plain as day when I shut my eyes.
I'm not close to Crawford. I'm along I80 not far from the CO border.

Those misses seem to stick with a person for a long time. I have many.

Welcome to the forum. You must be close to Sidney. I'm from Manhattan Kansas

Have long loved Nebraska-killed my biggest whitetail with a m70 in .30-06 there and have shot a fair share of bobwhites and ring necks with a 20 gauge over under-wonderful country-welcome aboard!

Glad you joined the posting side. Welcome.

Do share some of your photos.

Welcome to AH!

NE 7x57, welcome to the AH forum! I have pheasant hunted in the area you live. An excellent area IME!
How is the turkey population there?
Enjoy the site! Lots of excellent info here. I‘d really enjoy seeing some of your outdoors/hunting photos if you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Welcome to AH from your neighbor in South Dakota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg