Greetings from Florida

Hello k128,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Far be it from me to tell anyone how to live their life.
However, below is my personal, blue collar worker experience with budgeting for hunting and fishing in Africa.

Once upon a time, I had amassed a huge gun collection, then…… I “discovered” Africa.
I sold off almost all of my toy collection to both pay off that first safari and to help pay for return trips.
No more stack of multiple uncut Lee-Enfields, (one sporter one as well), no more several uncut K98, 8x57 Mausers, no more half dozen Model 70 and FN Mauser 30-06’s, no more three M-1 Garands.
I even had 4 double rifles at different times etc., etc., etc.
Sold the doubles as well.
And, you get the idea.

I did keep my favorite hunting rifle, a Brno Model 602 Magnum, .375 H&H, with simple 4x Zeiss scope in Alaska Arms brand lever rings.
Six safaris later, I am not even a tiny bit sorry.
All those toys were just stacking up and I wasn’t using hardly any of them at all, for many years at a time.
Some remained unfired when sold.

Today, my daydreams continue to be mostly about Africa and not as much about what my former gun collecting was or might have become.
Happy old man here.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome to AH k128!

Welcome! I used to live in Windermere / Winter Garden area. I now live in Hernando Beach - Highway 50 west until you hit water - just past the mermaids. Do you have some photos to share of your rabbit hole purchases?!
Ill have to take some and upload for you.

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a while since signing up, and figured its time to pop on and say hello. I've been hunting off and on my whole life, but just recently fell down the dangerous game caliber rabbit hole. Boy does it run deep. I've already acquired a couple and about to build another. I would absolutely love to get over and hunt the dark continent eventually but unfortunately its not in my immediate future unless miracles occur. Anyways, I look forward to all the amazing discussions that are to come.

-K
Welcome to AH @k128 from rural Idaho. I'm sure if Africa is your goal, you will make it happen one day...and you will never regret it. Until then, you can live through the adventures of others! Happy hunting. All the best, Sue

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Welcome! I used to live in Windermere / Winter Garden area. I now live in Hernando Beach - Highway 50 west until you hit water - just past the mermaids. Do you have some photos to share of your rabbit hole purchases?!
Though late...as promised. My rabbit hole battery. Baikal double in 45-70, cz550 magnum in 416 rigby, and winchester 70 stainless classic crf in 375 h&h.
20230312_143644.jpg

Welcome to the dark side. You really need to take those firearms to Africa .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.