Greetings from FL

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 74105
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 74105

Long time lurker here. Avid rifle nut and reloader. Love the history and older calibers such as 6.5 x 55, 7x57 &. .375 H&H. Enjoy the big bore Marlin levers as well in .444 Marlin and 45/70 Gov. Have hunted primarily in North America, with some great Alaska hunts. Now retired career military and just retired after 10 years in the civilian sector. Hunt mostly whitetails and hogs in AL on private land. I like to use the use hogs as ballistic gelatin for my reloads. We have a severe hog problem in AL, so there are plenty of year-round opportunities for hunting them. I’ve been on a 7mm kick lately reloading the 7x57, 7mm 08, and the .280 Remington. Fortunately, I have horded reloading components for years, so I have a tidy stockpile. I did have some trouble finding heavy 7mm bullets but managed to find some 175 grain Woodleigh Weldcores which I loaded for the 7x57. They have been lethal on hogs so far, looking forward to using them for whitetail. Great to be here and enjoy the topics.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome. I'm about an hour north of Tampa. If you're anywhere in the area would enjoy getting together, sharing yarns and some brown liquid!
 
Welcome. I'm about an hour north of Tampa. If you're anywhere in the area would enjoy getting together, sharing yarns and some brown liquid!
Many thanks, I'm on the AL/FL line in the Perdido Key area close to Pensacola.
 
LT Backstrap, welcome. I’m just west of you outside of Foley in Magnolia Springs. If your ever over this way look us up.
 
Welcome to the dark side. Great place to spend time.
 
Welcome to AH LT Backstrap!
 
Welcome aboard LT Backstrap. I enjoyed your introduction. The 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser has been my go-to rifle for over 20 years. I've been using 140 Gr. Partitions on Hogs, but lately I've been using some 156 Gr. Norma on Whitetails. I bet they'll be fine for hogs as well. BTW thanks for your service. There are a lot of Ex-GIs on AH. Feel free to post some photos and stories of your previous hunts.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,870
Members
169,453
Latest member
PollyCosgr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top