Greetings from FL

• Thread starter Deleted member 74105
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 74105

Long time lurker here. Avid rifle nut and reloader. Love the history and older calibers such as 6.5 x 55, 7x57 &. .375 H&H. Enjoy the big bore Marlin levers as well in .444 Marlin and 45/70 Gov. Have hunted primarily in North America, with some great Alaska hunts. Now retired career military and just retired after 10 years in the civilian sector. Hunt mostly whitetails and hogs in AL on private land. I like to use the use hogs as ballistic gelatin for my reloads. We have a severe hog problem in AL, so there are plenty of year-round opportunities for hunting them. I’ve been on a 7mm kick lately reloading the 7x57, 7mm 08, and the .280 Remington. Fortunately, I have horded reloading components for years, so I have a tidy stockpile. I did have some trouble finding heavy 7mm bullets but managed to find some 175 grain Woodleigh Weldcores which I loaded for the 7x57. They have been lethal on hogs so far, looking forward to using them for whitetail. Great to be here and enjoy the topics.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome. I'm about an hour north of Tampa. If you're anywhere in the area would enjoy getting together, sharing yarns and some brown liquid!

Welcome. I'm about an hour north of Tampa. If you're anywhere in the area would enjoy getting together, sharing yarns and some brown liquid!
Many thanks, I'm on the AL/FL line in the Perdido Key area close to Pensacola.

Welcome to the dark side. Great place to spend time.

Welcome to AH LT Backstrap!

Welcome aboard LT Backstrap. I enjoyed your introduction. The 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser has been my go-to rifle for over 20 years. I've been using 140 Gr. Partitions on Hogs, but lately I've been using some 156 Gr. Norma on Whitetails. I bet they'll be fine for hogs as well. BTW thanks for your service. There are a lot of Ex-GIs on AH. Feel free to post some photos and stories of your previous hunts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.