halljr

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Hey there, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Jason, and am going on my first hunt in Africa in less than 2 weeks. I haven't even been hunting in over a decade, but my dad wanted to bring me, my brother, himself and his father on this hunt of a lifetime. I've been deer hunting a couple times as a young teenager, never even had a chance at taking a shot, so this will be my first "real" hunt with a pretty good chance at having some great success.

We're going through African Sky Hunting outfitter, and doing a 10 day Plains Game hunt, going for Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, and Impala. I'll be taking my Tikka T3 Lite .300 WSM with me, which I've become pretty comfortable with over the last few months.

I've been around this site, reading a lot of threads and articles here, so thanks for the knowledge I've already picked up. I'm planning on keeping a detailed journal and plenty of pics and videos, so I'll be able to come up with a pretty good hunting report upon our return, I hope!

Happy to be a part of the board, and look forward to learning even more, and sharing my experience.

Jason

Welcome Jason, you are going on a adventure of a lifetime. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Welcome to AH Jason be sure to checkout the SHOT placement Gallery for the animals that you plan to take and I assure you YOUR IN FOR A TREAT theres nothing like Africa. Good Luck on your Hunt.

Thanks enysse! I forgot to mention we're hunting in South Africa, Bushveld and at Kruger. Can't wait!

Oh and Bob, yeah I've been looking at shot placement guides forever now, I think I got a pretty good idea of what I'm doing. Thank you

Welcome to AH Jason! Have an amazing time in Africa, looking forward to hearing from you when you get back and seeing some of your pictures.

Jason, have a great trip. You sound like you are prepared to share that incredible experience you will have. The whole family out hunting should be a lot of fun.
Good luck with your first "real" hunt.

Welcome Jason,

have a good time and let the day flow with you...take some additional money for unexpected trophy occurrences...they do take place...your rifle will be a good match for plains game...

take all the picture you can and then take some more...if you have a chance to take your computer with you, you should be able to look at your pictures right away and see what changes you need to make to take better pictures tomorrow. You should see if you could have a camerman take video of your group, we have some on this forum that do a great job...

The trophies you have on your card are very good, however you will see many additional species and be prepaired to make a move on some of them...again take some additional money along for trophies fees.

You have time to look up the web sight for the hunting block to see what else is available to hunt...do it today...then fantasize some...

Hey there, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Jason, and am going on my first hunt in Africa in less than 2 weeks. I haven't even been hunting in over a decade, but my dad wanted to bring me, my brother, himself and his father on this hunt of a lifetime. I've been deer hunting a couple times as a young teenager, never even had a chance at taking a shot, so this will be my first "real" hunt with a pretty good chance at having some great success.

We're going through African Sky Hunting outfitter, and doing a 10 day Plains Game hunt, going for Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Warthog, and Impala. I'll be taking my Tikka T3 Lite .300 WSM with me, which I've become pretty comfortable with over the last few months.

I've been around this site, reading a lot of threads and articles here, so thanks for the knowledge I've already picked up. I'm planning on keeping a detailed journal and plenty of pics and videos, so I'll be able to come up with a pretty good hunting report upon our return, I hope!

Happy to be a part of the board, and look forward to learning even more, and sharing my experience.

Jason

Welcome Jason. Have a great time on your trip. Africa makes for great memories, but doing it with your family like this will make it that much more special in the years to come. Congrats!

Thanks all, I honestly couldn't be more excited about it!

James, I'm planning on taking TONS of pictures, and also bringing along a couple of Flip video cameras so that I'll be able to edit together a decent video. I can't imagine all of the different species that are going to present themselves. I'm not going for the trophy's per se, I just "need" this experience ya know? Don't worry, I won't disappoint with a lame hunting report either ;)

I got a fever, and the only prescription is Kudu!

Welcome halljr and good luck on your first safari. Enjoy every moment! What part of Arizona are you from?

halljr, You wont believe how neat a place Africa is! Try all the different game meats, all are great, some better than others but all are excellent. Kudu steaks off an open fire is hard to beat. Good luck, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Sounds like you guys are going to have a good time. Have fun!

nd

Now Eland and Impala were great, i wished i could have brought some home...cape buffalo was good however not as tasty as the I & E,

halljr, You wont believe how neat a place Africa is! Try all the different game meats, all are great, some better than others but all are excellent. Kudu steaks off an open fire is hard to beat. Good luck, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Jason, your exitement is evident and you have all the reason to be like a turbo-charged frog now.
I cannot promise you anything but...you will be sad to leave - given !

Seeing forward to your feedback!

PS: with all the excitement and preps - do NOT forget to take your rifle with (no really!!!)

Mother Africa is calling.....

Phil, I'm out in Gilbert.

Looking forward to eating anything and everything I can out there. Kudu steaks...I can taste it now!

FHM, I won't forget it. I'm sure it's happened quite often actually, how upsetting would that be?!

I'm not going for the trophy's per se, I just "need" this experience ya know? Don't worry, I won't disappoint with a lame hunting report either ;)

Welcome to the forum, Jason, I like your attitude, you will certainly enjoy yourself !

Phil, I'm out in Gilbert.

Excellent, we're practically neighbors. I actually live in Chandler, near McQueen and Riggs.

I got a fever, and the only prescription is Kudu!

You need to give me the name of your doctor. Mine just prescribes penacilin and thats not nearly as much fun to take!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,