Good Gun Deals This Week

I would jump on that in a heartbeat if I didn't already own one just like it. Someone will grab it, they are very nice rifles!

I’ve seen a Dakota 97 All-Weather with iron sights chambered in 300 H&H (one of my favorite calibers), apparently in excellent condition. I see most Dakota 97s in the $2-3k range, but I’ve never seen any in a classic African caliber or with irons. Seems like this 300 H&H All-Weather would be a great setup for Alaska. I know the Dakota 76s are more loved than 97s ( I have several wonderful Dakota 76s and Model 10s thanks to the bad influences of @rookhawk and @redleg ) , but it’s my understanding that the 97s are also CRF while being lighter, though somehow more cheaply manufactured. Anyone have experience with these 97s with extra bells and whistles? How should I think about price/value?

I’ve saw a Dakota 76 Professional Hunter in 338 RUM has been sold by First Stop I think, that would also be pretty neat for an Alaska rifle.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Buy now. If it a Classic Super Express, with a New Haven serial number and markings, a Monte Carlo, stock, a soldered barrel swivel, not a barrel band, and fold down rear sight, that is a mid 1990s rifle. These are nice. I’ve owned a .375 and .458 of this series before Winchester went to the Safari Express with a different stock, barrel band sling swivel and NECG express rear sight.

Not many Super Express made in .416.
Post some pictures and we can help you spend your money, and get a great rifle.

The serial number starts with a G146. I did end up buying the rifle. Here are some pictures.

IMG_6798.JPG
IMG_6797.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG
IMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes a good gun deal is having availability of a certain model at all. Case in point, there is a Ruger carbine auto in 44 mag cal. at Jackson Armory in Dallas, Tx. I believe the price is $700--not totally sure. First one I have personally seen in hand.

Cabela’s/Bass Pro has the Savage Impulse (pull bolt) rifle on sale for $900. That’s $500 off. Must be a reason for the huge discount?

Cabela’s/Bass Pro has the Savage Impulse (pull bolt) rifle on sale for $900. That’s $500 off. Must be a reason for the huge discount?
Quick look on GB shows that there are several of these for sale in the $900 range. Might be a large supply and low demand issue.

Quick look on GB shows that there are several of these for sale in the $900 range. Might be a large supply and low demand issue.
I ordered one in on an industry program. Cycled the bolt twice and sold it for what I paid semi immediately. I'd take a turn bolt over the Impulse any day. However, still waiting for the right R8.

There was one deal on a 30-06 Impulse Hog Hunter model for ~$550 recently. I almost bought it even though I had no reason to get one. Deal was gone next day.

I think there isn't the demand for them and also that Savage still doesn't have any caliber change kits nor any word on when there may be. Have a feeling folks who may consider the Impulse are instead looking at the BRX1

There was one deal on a 30-06 Impulse Hog Hunter model for ~$550 recently. I almost bought it even though I had no reason to get one. Deal was gone next day.

I think there isn't the demand for them and also that Savage still doesn't have any caliber change kits nor any word on when there may be. Have a feeling folks who may consider the Impulse are instead looking at the BRX1
I just looked up the BRX1 having not known what it was. Looks like a nice rifle from Beretta at a very reasonable price for those looking for the pull bolt type action and can't afford a Blaser R8. With barrel swaps and caliber changes too.

I just looked up the BRX1 having not known what it was. Looks like a nice rifle from Beretta at a very reasonable price for those looking for the pull bolt type action and can't afford a Blaser R8. With barrel swaps and caliber changes too.
Careful my friend. You will get what you pay for.

Careful my friend. You will get what you pay for.
Oh, I know. I have no interest in either the Savage Impulse or Beretta BRX1. Last Wednesday though, I did buy the ONE BNIB Browning X-Bolt .270 WINCHESTER the local Bass Pro had heavily discounted because it had a couple of scratches on the stock. I have a A Bolt and wanted to try the X-Bolt. I think I got what I paid for at least this time around. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerleneVic

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!