Good Gun Deals This Week

Man, if you are in a bind and don’t have any, I could get you 20-40 pieces I guess. I only use Hornady brass for my .416 Ruger, but with non-Hornady brass at crazy prices, I think if I were starting the game, I would just use Hornady factory ammo for practice and reload with better bullets once fired.
I have plenty. I'll shut up so we can continue the thread.

I'm wondering if anyone could give some input as to the value of a as-new (I believe it was never fired) .416 Rigby Heym Express. It is completely barebones, not one decoration or option as far as I can tell.

In the shop it is being offered for 5000 EUR to me. Which would make it about 5400 USD.

I have no need for another .416 Rigby, as I already have my wonderful Vereecke, but I do see the value in buying one for the future.

I'm wondering if anyone could give some input as to the value of a as-new (I believe it was never fired) .416 Rigby Heym Express. It is completely barebones, not one decoration or option as far as I can tell.

In the shop it is being offered for 5000 EUR to me. Which would make it about 5400 USD.

I have no need for another .416 Rigby, as I already have my wonderful Vereecke, but I do see the value in buying one for the future.
Just my POV my friend. I have never been one to buy a rifle for an investment…only to fill out a hole in my arsenal to hunt Africa for specific animals. If it fits that buy it. If you are only looking at it as an investment yet fun to also shoot I would pass even though we all know the great reputation Heym has!!!

Is that the old model or the re-designed Martini version? Just curious

I have seen pre-Martini Heym Express' in .416 in excellent condition go for around $8000-$8500 USD. Saw one in .404 closer to $10K at auction with premium. I would buy it sight unseen for $5400 if in the market for one.

Is that the old model or the re-designed Martini version? Just curious
Great question, how would one distinguish between the two? I have never seen the old model I believe.

Just my POV my friend. I have never been one to buy a rifle for an investment…only to fill out a hole in my arsenal to hunt Africa for specific animals. If it fits that buy it. If you are only looking at it as an investment yet fun to also shoot I would pass even though we all know the great reputation Heym has!!!
Well, although very young still, I do have 2 daughters... :)

Great question, how would one distinguish between the two? I have never seen the old model I believe.
This is the only picture of my pre-Martini. Later ones from Martini generally have nicer wood and cross bolts are different. 3-pos safety is a little different as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7395.jpeg
    IMG_7395.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 23
I was winning that “rigby” at 2500 I kinda got sick to my stomach when I read the reviews you guys posted on here about it not looking right I was glad I got outbid at the last minute

I call BS! Nothing wrong with Investments in fine metals;) Blued and green steel count;)

Well, although very young still, I do have 2 daughters... :)
Get it for your daughters. If too much for them, oh well. :). Seriously, great buy. Here are some pics of a pre-Martini.

Attachments

• IMG_7397.jpeg
    IMG_7397.jpeg
    389.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7399.jpeg
    IMG_7399.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7398.jpeg
    IMG_7398.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7400.jpeg
    IMG_7400.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 20
Thank you @RR 314 and @Wishfulthinker580 for the pictures, they were very helpful.
So I'm talking from memory, but quite sure it is a pre-martini model. (it must have been, because when I was holding it, I was thinking to myself, "This does not look like a Heym Express. Those normally have great lines."

So 5400$ for an unadorned, basic pre-martini Heym Express in .416 Rigby. Still a good deal?

Last edited:
Thank you @RR 314 and @Wishfulthinker580 for the pictures, they were very helpful.
So I'm talking from memory, but quite sure it is a pre-martini model. (it must have been, because when I was holding it, I was thinking to myself, "This does not look like a Heym Express. Those normally have great lines."

So 5400$ for an unadorned, basic pre-martini Heym Express in .416 Rigby. Still a good deal?
I think $5400 USD in the US is a great deal. Not sure about Belgium.

I think $5400 USD in the US is a great deal. Not sure about Belgium.
As Heym builds their rifles ( pre-Martini as well) with actions and magazine boxes specifically for each cartridge, the feeding geometry is correct. Made to function correctly and not jam.
I’m not sure about prices in Europe, but in the USA or Canada, that is a steal.

I think that’s a reasonable price here in the states but, like others, I’m not sure about Belgium. I would imagine it could be had for less there. Personally, they’re not for me but it seems everyone who has personal experience with them likes them. If I wanted it I think I would offer them $4750 or $4500.

I have an opportunity to purchase a Winchester Model 70 Super Express in .416 REM for $1,800. No box or scope. It looks like a pretty clean gun all around. It also comes with two boxes of ammo. Is that a fair price? Do you all typically see them for much more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doithuong247co

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?