Go Hunting

I'm very sorry to hear of your best friend's passing Randy. You know, we always think there's tomorrow, next week, next month, next year...... until there isn't. I'm always reminded of the quote, "We only get so many heartbeats in life", when I'm procrastinating or vacillating about something I really want to do. Time waits for no man (or woman). My sincerest condolences to you and Bill's family.

Sorry for your loss.
I know what it feels like. Been thru some big health issues last 2 years. Late last year the worst. Glad I made the trips I did and hope to make some more. I decided retirement may or may not happen. Live life now while I can. Hunt as much as financially possible.
2023 April coming up to South Africa again. 2024 in planning stages depending on finances come January 2024 as to what will do. I wanted an Elephant hunt but it's not in the cards. Maybe another Buff or Lion. We will see

Sorry for your loss and you are 100% correct.

Nobody gets out of this life alive and you never know when that last day is coming.

Live your best life as soon as you can.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!“

Like many others have said it’s probably best to do what you can while you can. I had heart surgery to fix a-fib and a-flutter when I was 28. While laying in the hospital bed post having my heart shocked back into rhythm I booked an Aoudad sheep hunt. I decided that just because you exercise and eat right you’re not guaranteed tomorrow. Also it’s hard for your wife to tell you that you can’t go hunting when you’re in that situation.

I agree, you have to commit and make it happen. I was not quite ready to go to Africa this year, inherited some funds from my mom end of 2022 and that event made the choice easier to go live a bit. Stark realization you cannot take it with you. A few Whattsap texts to my friends across the water, found some open dates and hunt is set. So, back off to Limpopo this summer for another adventure and write up to come.

Very sorry to hear this Randy. Nail @SpikeT down on a date while he’s on this side of the pond and raise one to your friend over the campfire.

I have always viewed life as a balancing act. I don’t live to work but work to live.
My theory is most people do what they really want to it’s just that some seem to like the daydreaming but then choose to just sit tight in what’s familiar. A lot of people make themselves miserable with “I should’ve” but the truth probably is if they had it to do again they’d probably just do it the same.
Then there’s others that have that drive of adventure who have different desires and will work to make it happen. You know the type, always ready to get into whatever. That trait attracted me to my wife. I could ask “you wanna” and before I could finish she’d be up and ready to go.
Your buddy probably got a great deal of enjoyment out of planning with you and he probably would’ve enjoyed the trip. Too bad he didn’t do it sooner.
But people are all different and some just don’t have the drive for adventure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross