Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA, ADA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, USA: OR, South Africa: Eastern Cape, Free State
Gidday All,
My name is Geoff and I live in the city of Brisbane in Australia.
Brisbane (pronounced "Brizz-Bin" in Aussie slang) is roughly in the middle of the east coast and is an hours drive north of our famous Gold Coast beaches.
I have been fortunate to have hunted a lot of species that our country has to offer from rabbits and fox's up to the impressive Aussie Buffalo.
I enjoy all types of hunting and I am a rifle loony at heart.
My hunting buddy of over 35 years convinced me a year and a half ago that we should actually pull our finger out and organize an African hunt.
With the minister of finances blessing (wife) we booked a hunt.
So in seven days time both my wife and I with my buddy and his wife will be traveling to South Africa for our first plains game safari.
Victor & Lindsay Watson at Karoo Wild Safaris will be looking after us for 12 days.
I have found a wealth of information on this site in preparation for our trip over the last year and a half.
Too all of you that have contributed to this site, I thank you.
Looking forward to sharing my experiences with all of you when I return.
Thanks for having me.

Victor will show you a good time.
Enjoy yourself.

Giday Geoff and welcome to our place.

Hi Geoff, welcome to AH, and the best of luck on your hunt !

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard GeoffB. glad we could help. I'm sure your upcoming hunt will surpass your expectations. The four of you are in for a treat. Looking forward to your report. BTW what will you and your mate be hunting? Are you bringing your own rifles?

Welcome to AH Geoff! Nice to have you on the posting side. Wishing all of you to have an amazing time in Africa and looking forward to having you share your journey here upon your return.

Welcome aboard GeoffB. glad we could help. I'm sure your upcoming hunt will surpass your expectations. The four of you are in for a treat. Looking forward to your report. BTW what will you and your mate be hunting? Are you bringing your own rifles?

We both have a big list of what we would like to hunt. But I will be grateful for whatever success the hunting brings us.
The four spiral horn slam is what I am looking to achieve the most Eland, Kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck.
Other animals on our list are Gemsbuck, Waterbuck, Warthog, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Common Springbuck with Black, White and Copper Springbuck, Duiker and Steenbuck.
As it is our first trip we decided to use Victors guns for this trip and get a feel for traveling through Africa.
Our plan is to book another trip back to Africa either while we are there or shortly after we get home and take our own rifles next time.

Welcome to AH and good luck on your hunt!

Good luck with getting the Spiral Slam. I went in mid July and managed two of the four. Admittedly I was being "picky" but the two I got made S.C.I. Gold. I hope Victor's loaner rifles are better than the ones we were forced to use for a day because our guns were not on the same plane we were.

Welcome and good luck on your trip!

Welcome to AH! Oh another first Africa hunt and you’re already addicted! Good for you! You’re going to have a grand time! Please share pictures and a report when you get the time.
Enjoy!

G'Day mate! I truly envy you, about to go on your first safari. It's an exciting time. Enjoy and soak up everything, and don't sweat the small stuff (TIA!)

Cheers

Welcome to AH!

Gidday All,
Brisbane (pronounced "Brizz-Bin" in Aussie slang) is roughly in the middle of the east coast and is an hours drive north of our famous Gold Coast beaches.
I have been fortunate to have hunted a lot of species that our country has to offer from rabbits and fox's up to the impressive Aussie Buffalo.
My hunting buddy of over 35 years convinced me a year and a half ago that we should actually pull our finger out and organize an African hunt.
So in seven days time both my wife and I with my buddy and his wife will be traveling to South Africa for our first plains game safari.
Victor & Lindsay Watson at Karoo Wild Safaris will be looking after us for 12 days.
I have found a wealth of information on this site in preparation for our trip over the last year and a half.
Thanks for having me.
Welcome GeoffB - enjoy every minute in Africa! We look forward to your pictures

Gidday All,
Thanks for having me.

You’re welcome and please write up your hunting experiences. I’m at Cairns but used to live near Beenleigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois