Getting Drawn To The World Of Dangerous Game Hunting

@Dinosaur
Thank you so much for enjoying my writing . I hunt in Australia too , about once every three years . I visit Victoria and Perth . Which part of Australia are you based in ? Great Cormorant taste quite delicious as long as a sharp marinade is used . They can taste a little too fishy unless left to marinate overnight . We hunt them annually in Bangladesh during every winter . We each are permitted to shoot 15 giant cormorant birds a year by our game department. When butchered , we often find fish in the stomachs of the giant cormorant birds . The fish are the principal food of the giant cormorant birds.

G'day Professor

Thank you for your interesting response, I can see the cormorants in a more interesting light now :)

I am located in Victoria, I am guessing that you may have hunted sambar, or some of our other imported deer species while you were here?

I have friends who still eagerly stalk them, but regrettably I am no longer fit enough to hunt in the forested hills, let alone dress a deer, and carry all the meat back to the vehicle. We do have foxes, rabbits, hares, feral cats, dogs, and the odd elusive feral pig, and besides Wild Deer, there are also deer escapees from deer farms.

As for the basic Freshwater fish species, we have trout, english perch, european carp, roach, Golden Perch, Murray Cod. There are other freshwater species that are pretty rare, and there are restrictions on these other less caught species.

Therefore if you decide to hunt in the hills, it may pay to take a light collapsible rod in your backpack, just for the trout. :)

Regards
Rob

Thank you. A great read. Definitely want your book when it comes out in January. And by all means keep the stories coming.

Wonderful story- thank you for sharing. Quite an auspicious start to your dangerous game hinting career- successfully eliminating a problem animal on your first attempt!

Professor, little by little I'm catching up on your articles. They are an excellent read. Please don't concern yourself with English being a second language. We are all hunters and more interested in the story, looking for and or commenting on grammatical "faults" don't rate very high with this crowd. Do you still hunt? If so, how about sharing some of your recent hunts with us as well?

Professor, little by little I'm catching up on your articles. They are an excellent read. Please don't concern yourself with English being a second language. We are all hunters and more interested in the story, looking for and or commenting on grammatical "faults" don't rate very high with this crowd. Do you still hunt? If so, how about sharing some of your recent hunts with us as well?
@Shootist43
Thank you very much . Hunting is my life . I can never imagine a life without hunting . I hunt at least eight or nine times throughout the year ( obviously depending on what game is in season ) .
4DEFE593-5AE1-4F9A-B018-60903B3AFEE5.jpeg

Here is a barking deer which I hunted just last month . I used a 500 grain Hornady DGS factory load , fired from my .458 WM ( Winchester Magnum ) in order to prevent excessive meat damage .

I will share all sorts of hunting experiences of mine . However at the moment , the articles which I am sharing on these forums ; are all English translations of chapters from my book .

Wonderful story- thank you for sharing. Quite an auspicious start to your dangerous game hinting career- successfully eliminating a problem animal on your first attempt!
@rinehart0050
Thank you very much . I would say that beginner’s luck had played a vital contributing factor for me to be able to successfully take out that marauding cheetah .

Thank you for sharing a great adventure and your excellent account!

I waited on the top of the Banyan tree , hoping that the cheetah baagh would show up . I did not have to wait very long . About 90 minutes later , I could see a dark silhouette slowly coming out of the foliage . It’s shape looked almost like a large wild dog or jackal . But I knew that it was the cheetah baagh . It’s mannerisms and movements had betrayed it’s identity.

I watched the animal slowly creep towards the table . It was drawn by the smell of the fresh corpse . As it drew closer , I shouldered my 12 bore and put my hand on the switch of the torchlight ( which was fitted by a clamp , to the fore end of my 12 bore ) . The marauder raised it’s fore paws and placed them on the folding table in an attempt to reach the corpse. I knew that I had only two seconds to make my shot count .

I switched on the torchlight and the marauder turned briefly to look at me . Taking aim at the animal’s chest , I pulled the left trigger followed by the right trigger . As the two loud gunshots echoed through the forest , the cheetah baagh took nine or ten steps back ; before dropping dead . Not wanting to take any chances , I reloaded my 12 bore with two more Eley Alphamax LG and cautiously climbed down the banyan tree . I approached the fallen marauder and poked it’s eye with the muzzles of my 12 Bore . It really was dead . There was a roughly two inch ragged hole in the cheetah baagh leopard’s chest . The LG slugs fortunately had not spread at all , at such close range ( less than four metres ) .

About two hours later , the corpse of the fallen marauder was at the head office of the Habiganj Forest Department . We ( the Forest Guards and I ) were now able to examine the marauder , properly . It was a a large male , weighing exactly 73 kilograms . His left hind leg had been mangled by what appeared to be an iron bear trap . Clearly , this must have been the work of a poacher . Now we knew exactly why this cheetah baagh leopard had turned into a marauder . After sustaining the injury to his left hind leg , he was no longer able to hunt his natural prey ( barking deer and wild boar ) . As such , he had begun to feed on human beings ( whom he perceived as far easier quarry to hunt ) . The concentrated charge of LG slugs had completely shredded the marauder’s heart ( we found 13 LG slugs inside the heart ) .

The Habiganj Forest Department paid me my promised 500 Taka and I then hurried back to my truck . I needed to reach Joy’s house before the venison of the barking deer could begin to spoil ( I had already removed the entrails after hunting it ) .

At the time , I did not think much about it . But later that night , as I tried to sleep ; I realized how much I had enjoyed shooting that marauding cheetah baagh leopard . I thought that perhaps I should volunteer for problem animal disposal much more often . And from then onwards , I did .

View attachment 363086
Eley Alphamax LG shells owned by the author ( currently discontinued from Eley Hawk Limited’s product line , who now manufacture no shot size larger than BB )
@Professor Mawla
An excellent introduction to hunting and how your life as a hunter progessed thru the years. I feel sorry for a long those killed by the maruarder but I feel worse for the animal and it's suffering..
War is a brutal thing to live thru at any age let alone as young as you were. I am glad you came thru it and are able to regale your stories to us humble readers.
Bob

@Dinosaur
Thank you so much for enjoying my writing . I hunt in Australia too , about once every three years . I visit Victoria and Perth . Which part of Australia are you based in ? Great Cormorant taste quite delicious as long as a sharp marinade is used . They can taste a little too fishy unless left to marinate overnight . We hunt them annually in Bangladesh during every winter . We each are permitted to shoot 15 giant cormorant birds a year by our game department. When butchered , we often find fish in the stomachs of the giant cormorant birds . The fish are the principal food of the giant cormorant birds.
@Professor Malwa
If you find yourself in the Sydney or Newcastle area in Australia my door is always open to you to visit for a meal and talk.
Bob

@Professor Malwa
If you find yourself in the Sydney or Newcastle area in Australia my door is always open to you to visit for a meal and talk.
Bob
Thank you Professor! Your writing is fantastic. Thank so much. I did not read AH much for a few months and missed this article. I am so impressed with you and your fellow Bangladesh citizens. Gentlemen one and all! Your Friend, Brian

@Professor Mawla
An excellent introduction to hunting and how your life as a hunter progessed thru the years. I feel sorry for a long those killed by the maruarder but I feel worse for the animal and it's suffering..
War is a brutal thing to live thru at any age let alone as young as you were. I am glad you came thru it and are able to regale your stories to us humble readers.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
Thank you very much . I am immensely honored that you have enjoyed this . Poachers from India have always been an extremely serious problem for our East Bengali fauna .

Thank you Professor! Your writing is fantastic. Thank so much. I did not read AH much for a few months and missed this article. I am so impressed with you and your fellow Bangladesh citizens. Gentlemen one and all! Your Friend, Brian
@gesch
I am deeply honored that you have enjoyed this . Thank you very much for being such an appreciative reader .

I keep finding your stories that I’ve missed. They take us to a different time and place. Very enjoyable and I’m looking forward to getting that book of yours in January
@Randy F
Thank you very much . I am most fortunate to have such appreciative readers , as yourself .

@Professor Malwa
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
I would be honored . Should you ever find yourself in my part of the world , know that you have an invitation an my farmhouse . We shall enjoy many excellent meals together and go on a hunting excursion or two .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!