Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I have no idea as to the "guilt or innocence" of the German tourist, I do know that whatever happened was unfortunate and my condolences go to her family. Most likely the elephant will end up being killed for being a elephant.

A friend of mine use to be the Warden of Mana pools. He told me the story of how he was badly gored by a old dagga boy.

Most days when the warden left Mana Pools Administrative office and walked about 1 kilometer to his home for lunch. Daily he would walk pass a old dagga boy laying chewing his cud. One day the old buff looked at him differently and he knew he was in trouble. He was right, he was badly hooked by that buff. I do not remember what ended the very one sided fight but fortunately the wardens wife is a doctor and was able to stop the bleeding and saved his life. What was his crime, walking home for lunch.

In a weeks time this same ex parks warden, my wife and myself will be "collaring" elephant. Hopefully the elephant will not take too much offense!

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I have no idea as to the "guilt or innocence" of the German tourist, I do know that whatever happened was unfortunate and my condolences go to her family. Most likely the elephant will end up being killed for being a elephant.

A friend of mine use to be the Warden of Mana pools. He told me the story of how he was badly gored by a old dagga boy.

Most days when the warden left Mana Pools Administrative office and walked about 1 kilometer to his home for lunch. Daily he would walk pass a old dagga boy laying chewing his cud. One day the old buff looked at him differently and he knew he was in trouble. He was right, he was badly hooked by that buff. I do not remember what ended the very one sided fight but fortunately the wardens wife is a doctor and was able to stop the bleeding and saved his life. What was his crime, walking home for lunch.

In a weeks time this same ex parks warden, my wife and myself will be "collaring" elephant. Hopefully the elephant will not take too much offense!
Stay safe Lon!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

If you see one of those Elephant giving that Wardem the ”eye”, l’d suggest you run. Good luck with the collars.

Vinootz

AH member
Reaction score
Stay out of range, carry a firearm, study their body language and behavior carefully.
When all else fails shoot accurately! Simple!

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Vinootz, I will try to remember your advice (stay out of range), hhmmm?

Vinootz

AH member
Reaction score
I meant stay a safe distance for those taking photos that try to get up close. I was thinking more of folks that aren’t on a guided tour but rather on their own. A professional such as you knows what to do and I surely wouldn’t tell you how to conduct your business.Lots of folks go hiking and hunting in their own without professional guides and they often try to get close and even think they can interact with potentially deadly beasts. I’m guilty of it myself. But I am always on high alert and will always have a sidearm on me in the wilderness. I know the risks. For those that get attacked by a stealthy predator
there is little that can be done. That’s just plain bad luck. Do what I say - not what I do. LOl.

E24FD18F-6653-4AE7-A60B-D5773B977765.jpeg
F1EFE2C6-9662-4AC2-BF8C-A43C5525D62C.jpeg
0C6AA858-5812-4672-8D66-4EDDA05EA047.jpeg
07E62B45-A294-419A-914E-2DC409B18A8C.jpeg
FE448C5D-72AE-483E-864E-35700373A42C.jpeg
3F9D68A0-8873-4990-946B-7AA3D564AD99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hydroxycholorquin

Latest profile posts

eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob
xausa wrote on Challer's profile.
I don't know where you're located, but I'd be happy to let you try out my Krieghoff. I'm located in West Tennessee and the local gun club has a skeet layout and is located not far from my farm. We're about five miles from the Kentucky state line and about 100 miles west of Nashville.
I just joined today, I live in Louisiana. I joined mostly because of all of the 35 Whelen discussion as I am now very interested In the 35 Whelen. I have an 1885 Highwall that J.E.S.S. rebored to 35 Whelen

Also own 338s 375 and both a 416 rem and Rigby